Most companies do not put changes to batches of scheduling object directly into production, but instead follow a standardized process for promoting batches:
What is the average number of batches & objects deployed per day? Are there any important lessons you have learned when devising your current approach? Do you have plans to significantly change your approach in the near future?
- First, batches of AE scheduling objects (jobs, workflows, schedules, etc.) are developed in a dedicated development environment (DEV).
- Next, batches are promoted to a separate environment just for testing (TEST).
- Finally, once testing has been completed, batches are promoted to the production environment (PROD).
How do you handle batch promotion in your environment?In the comments, please also answer any of these questions that may be applicable:
- Are application/project teams responsible their own batches, or are AE batches developed/promoted by a dedicated team?
- Are batch promotions performed manually, or using an automated system?
- If you use an automated system, did you develop it yourself, or buy an Automic/third-party tool?