DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Can't hot deploy updated Management Module

Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:41 AM
    Hi All,
    I am editing an existing jar file & then when i push the jar file or even the Management_Module.xml file to the "deploy" directory I always get

1/13/13 09:35:47 PM PST [ERROR] [Manager.MMHotDeployEntity] Can't hot deploy - com.wily.introscope.spec.server.DuplicateNameException: Could not create Management Module because the name "***.jar" is already in use.

The permissions are

-rw-r--r-- 1 wily wily 65163 Jan 13 21:35 xxxx.jar

Can someone please help. Since I am trying to modify the file & want to update from backend and save time.

Reddy

• 2.  RE: Can't hot deploy updated Management Module
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2013 08:18 AM
    To my knowledge it is not possible to overwrite an existing management modules with the same name for a Hot deployment. You must first delete the management module thru the Workstation Management Module Editor and then perform the hot deployment.

• 3.  RE: Can't hot deploy updated Management Module

Posted Jan 14, 2013 10:15 AM
    Thanks Walter for your reply. I am thinking on the lines where you edit/add a new metric from the UI interface(management module editor) and save; at that time it updates the same management module jar. I am sure technically this is possible, just wanted to know how to achieve this using the manual way. I was looking at the following thread and assumed you could edit the existing jar file.

Thanks

Manju