Clarity

• 1.  Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Jan 14, 2013 10:29 AM
    Hi!!

I am trying to xog-out documents that have been uploaded in collaboration tab,
    and I always receive
    <Severity>FATAL</Severity>
    <Description>XOG-4001: Failed to export documents.</Description>
    <Exception><![CDATA[
    java.lang.Exception: XOG-4000: Parent Object was not found; The parent information provided is incorrect.

I do not know how to retrieve document.
    By the way my goal is to add participants to a given document via GEL.

Can you help me???

ciao
    giacomo

• 2.  RE: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Jan 14, 2013 11:25 AM
    Anu idea?

Using this XOG read does not work:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
      <Header version="13" action="read" objectType="document" externalSource="NIKU">   
      </Header>
      <DocumentQuery>
    <!--    <Filter name="parentObjectID" criteria="EQUALS">????</Filter>   -->
      </DocumentQuery>
    </NikuDataBus>
    Furthermore, I do not see the Object "Document" in the list of objects...

• 3.  RE: Documents Collaboration XOG
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2013 11:36 AM
    This line;
    <!-- <Filter name="parentObjectID" criteria="EQUALS">????</Filter> -->
    is commented out, therefore it appears that you have not provided a "parentObjectID" to the query (which is what your error message is reporting) :wacko:

• 4.  RE: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:13 PM
    Hi Dave!

thanks for your answer,
    I know that the parentObjectId is missing, but I do not undertand what "parentObjectId" stands for. Is it the Path? the Project?
    Reading on the database I do not find this field....

could you help me?
    thanks in advance!

• 5.  RE: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:27 PM
    Looking at the sample "documents_read.xml" you appear to be missing the other filter field which identifies what that ID is? :wacko:

i.e. I would expect your XML to look more like this;
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
      <Header version="7.5" action="read" objectType="document" externalSource="NIKU">
        <args name="documentLocation" value="E:\somewhere on my filesystem to put the document" />
      </Header>
      <DocumentQuery> 
    [color=#ff0000]<Filter name="parentObjectID" criteria="EQUALS">5001234</Filter>
    <Filter name="parentObjectType" criteria="EQUALS">Projects</Filter>
    [/color] </DocumentQuery>   </NikuDataBus>
    ?

• 6.  RE: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:43 PM
    I tried with your code:
      <Header version="7.5" action="read" objectType="document" externalSource="NIKU">
    <args name="documentLocation" value="/Root/DMS/PM/Projects/00000190_t/Documento Offerta" />
      </Header>
      <DocumentQuery>
    <Filter name="parentObjectId" criteria="EQUALS">5054001</Filter>   
    <Filter name="parentObjectType" criteria="EQUALS">Projects</Filter>   
    </DocumentQuery>   
    </NikuDataBus>
    the result:
    <XOGOutput xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/status.xsd">
      <Object type="document"/>
      <Status elapsedTime="0.001 seconds" state="FAILURE"/>
      <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="0" updatedRecords="0"/>
      <ErrorInformation>
        <Severity>FATAL</Severity>
        <Description>[Error] :0:0: attribute "name" has a bad value: the value is not a member of the enumeration.

Invalid attribute in input document. Please remove all instances of attribute from document elements and try again.

[Element : Filter, Attribute : name ].
    </Description>
        <Exception type="java.lang.Exception">Invalid xml data</Exception>
      </ErrorInformation>
    </XOGOutput>

• 7.  RE: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:45 PM
    Just tried again replacing "parentObjectId" with "parentObjectID" and it worked!!!

thanks so much Dave!!! (as usual :)!)

• 8.  Re: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted May 16, 2017 12:00 AM

giacomo and Dave,

Could you help me please?  I'm trying to XOG out all documents per Project.  I can do this for one project.  How do I do this with GEL for multiple projects?  How do I get the correct folder and file names as they appear as numeric?

• 9.  Re: Documents Collaboration XOG

Posted Feb 12, 2018 07:58 PM

i am trying the same with parentobjectid i am getting below error, any idea?

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_document.xsd"><Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="document" version="15.2.0.213"/><Documents></Documents><XOGOutput> <Object type="Documents"/> <Status state="FAILURE"/> <Statistics insertedRecords="0" failureRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="141" updatedRecords="0"/> <Records><Record><KeyInformation/><ErrorInformation><Severity>FATAL</Severity><Description>XOG-4001: Failed to export documents.</Description><Exception><![CDATA[
    com.niku.dms.util.DMSException: Could not retrieve file from file store.