Clarity

• 1.  Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 16, 2013 01:02 AM
    I want to create a portlet which shows resource calendar (When Filtered by Resource and Start Day and End Day).
    The sample data is as :

Resource _________________Week of 14/Jan/201__________________

14/Jan 15/Jan 16/Jan 17/Jan 18/Jan
    Kaushal Holiday Available Vacation Available Vacation

I can get Whether the date is holiday or not by using the query (Which is giving the holidays of resource):-

SELECT @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.ID:SliceId@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.PRJ_OBJECT_ID:ResorceID@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.FIRST_NAME:FirstName@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.Last_NAME:LastName@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.SLICE_DATE:NonWorkingDays@
    FROM
    (

select s.ID,s.PRJ_OBJECT_ID, R.FIRST_NAME, R.LAST_NAME, s.SLICE_DATE from prj_blb_slices s
    JOIN SRM_RESOURCES R on R.ID = S.PRJ_OBJECT_ID
    where slice = 0

) s

Where slice_date BETWEEN @where:param:user_def:date:paramstartdate@ AND @where:param:user_def:date:paramenddate@

AND @FILTER@

Someone who has done this earlier can help me achieve this.

Regards
    Kaushal

• 2.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 17, 2013 05:08 PM
    Hi All,

Any ideas here for Kaushal?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 18, 2013 02:41 AM
    Someone who can help ?

• 4.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 18, 2013 03:35 AM
    If you take your NSQL query, and just make the SLICE_DATE into another DIMENSION, then that will allow you to build a 2-dimensioned portlet (dimension 1 = resources and that reads down the screen, dimension 2 = slice date and that reads across the page).

That will look like what you want.

• 5.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 18, 2013 04:21 AM
    Thanks Dave.

• 6.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 18, 2013 04:38 AM

Dave wrote:

If you take your NSQL query, and just make the SLICE_DATE into another DIMENSION, then that will allow you to build a 2-dimensioned portlet (dimension 1 = resources and that reads down the screen, dimension 2 = slice date and that reads across the page).

That will look like what you want.
    Please help on how can I get data from two queries in one

say I want to represent data as :-

Resource 14/Jan 15/Jan 16/Jan 17/Jan 18/Jan
    Kaushal Holiday Available Vacation Available Vacation

Where I can get whether it is a holiday or available (but through two different queries).

I know a workaround ( by creating a function) but that is taking too much time and for efficiency I need to run two separate queries.

Is there any way for this or any other Workaround.

Thanks in Advance
    Regards
    Kaushal Kishore

• 7.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 18, 2013 04:44 AM
    I'm saying that the query you already have will almost tell you everything you need to know;
    SELECT @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.ID:SliceId@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.PRJ_OBJECT_ID:ResorceID@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.FIRST_NAME:FirstName@,
    @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:RESOURCE:s.Last_NAME:LastName@,
    [color=#ff0000],@SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:SDATE:s.SLICE_DATE:SliceDate@[color]

FROM
    (

select s.ID,s.PRJ_OBJECT_ID, R.FIRST_NAME, R.LAST_NAME, s.SLICE_DATE from prj_blb_slices s
    JOIN SRM_RESOURCES R on R.ID = S.PRJ_OBJECT_ID
    [color=#ff0000]/* where slice = 0 remove this line */[color]
    [color=#ff0000]WHERE SLICE_REQUEST_ID = 1 /* this is the DAILYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE slice */[color]
    ) s

Where slice_date BETWEEN @where:param:user_def:date:paramstartdate@ AND @where:param:user_def:date:paramenddate@

AND @FILTER@

This will give you a grid of data;
              1/1     2/1     3/1     4/1     5/1
    DAVE      7.5     7.5     7.5     7.5     7.5
    Kaushal    8       0       0       0       8
    You could use DECODE or CASE to convert '0' to 'Holiday' and non-zero to 'Working' if you liked, but you don't need another query to get what you need.

--

(Note though that your solution will only report data where your availability slice (DAILYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE) is defined)

• 8.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 18, 2013 04:59 AM

kaushal.kishore wrote:

Please help on how can I get data from two queries in one
    Getting "2 queries into 1" really is just a SQL issue ; you just need to JOIN your data such that you can write 1 query, you shouldn't need a "function" to do this unless the problem is very complicated.

(How you "JOIN" your data will of course all depend on what that data is - there is not a simple 1-line answer to that)

• 9.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 18, 2013 05:23 AM
    Thanks Dave For your Quick Response.

Regards
    Kaushal Kishore

• 10.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 30, 2013 04:51 AM
    Hi Dave,

Please guide me on displaying the data in the way I want shown in attached image (DemoResourceCalendar.jpg).
    At present It is displaing like the one shown in attached image (presentResourceCalendar.jpg),

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Kausal Kishore

• 11.  RE: Resource Calendar Portlet

Posted Jan 30, 2013 05:03 AM
    You could get something "close" to that, by formatting your SQL to produce the "grid" of data rather than a line - but its still never going to look exactly like an "outlook calendar" view.

You could perhaps reformat the output that you already have with a macro in Excel? (i.e. "Export to Excel" what you have, run a macro to reformat it)

--

By the way, have you looked at the "out of the box" screens that present very similar data to what you appear to be trying to build a portlet to show? (the "Resource Planning" screens, or even the Resource / Allocations / Details screens - you can "see" availability as one of the grid values in those screens, along with lots of other interesting information). Of course this really depends on YOUR functional use-case whether they would work for you.