DX NetOps

• 1.  Tech Tips: Browser Compatibility Error When trying to Access CAPC with IE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2013 01:08 PM

When trying to access CAPC using Internet Explorer you may receive a message like:

"Your web browser is not compatible with this product. You must install a more recent version of this browser to run CA Performance Center. Or if your browser is running in Compatibility Mode, switch it back to normal mode."

Solution:

This will occur if you have IE8 or IE9 Compatibility Mode enabled for Internet Explorer.

To disable this, hit the "F12" key from within the browser which will pop up a window at the bottom of the IE window.

Select the "Browser Mode" button and select either "Internet Explorer 8" or "Internet Explorer 9" and this will reload the page and you should then be able to view the CAPC page you were trying to load.

This document is also available on Support.ca.com via the link below:
    TEC585366

• 2.  RE: Browser Compatibility Error When trying to Access CAPC with IE

Posted Jan 21, 2013 06:24 PM
    Alternatively:In IE9:

Press <ALT> T to bring up tools menu
    Untick the Compatibility View menu option

This has the advantage it removes your CAPC url from the Compatibilty View setting.

If you do <ALT> T and click Compatibility View settings, you will see a list of sites that will open in Compatibilty view.
    You may also want to take note of the bottom 2 check boxes:
    "Display all websites in Compatibility View" will by default open all websites in Compatibilty view (not a good idea - if you need this set for things to work then maybe you should use an alternative browser)
    "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" same as above but just for internal web sites.
    I tend to leave these both unticked and just choose the sites I want in compatibility view eg CA Communities :0)

• 3.  Re: RE: Browser Compatibility Error When trying to Access CAPC with IE

Posted Jul 23, 2014 01:34 PM

For my this is a bug, making reverse ingineering, I found with the problem is the library jquery and the form of checking. I opened this next thread Performance Center error compatibility view.