CA Service Management

• 1.  loading Custom fields through grloader

Posted Jan 21, 2013 02:57 PM
    Hi All,

I need to import CIs in CMDB using grloader.

There are some custom attributes in CIs. I need to know how to import that customs attribute using grloader.

Regards,
    Varun

• 2.  RE: loading Custom fields through grloader
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 21, 2013 11:14 PM

VarunPahuja wrote:

I need to import CIs in CMDB using grloader.

There are some custom attributes in CIs. I need to know how to import that customs attribute using grloader.
    Hi Varun,

Luckily this one is covered in the SDM 12.5 Green Book at p113 - 126.

Starting at page 113:
    --------------------------------------------
    Modifying TWA
    If you have created any custom families or attributes and want the new columns to be present in the work area, create a parallel modification to the work area that matches the customized columns you have added.
    ci_twa_ci This single table contains all attributes across all CMDB families. The data in this table is stored in a de-normalized form to enable customers and services to understand and manipulate the content.
    To extend the TWA object
    1. Customize the user-defined families and attributes using the procedures about extending CA CMDB in the CA Service Desk Manager Administration Guide.
    2. Add the new family attributes to the ci_twa_ci schema using Web Screen Painter Schema Designer.
    To add a new attribute to ci_twa_ci schema
    1. Using Web Screen Painter Schema Designer, open the schema for the ci_twa_ci table.
    2. Add the desired family attribute to the extension table.
    3. Publish the modified ci_twa_ci schema.
    Note: The new attributes must be type STRING and hold the longest possible text value.
    4. Add the metadata for the custom family to the TWA as follows:
    a. Using Web Screen Painter, open the cmdb_metadata_site_families.htmpl file.
    b. Add a PDM_INCLUDE for the appropriate cmdb_metadata_extension.htmpl file that was created for the custom family.
    Most TWA columns match the columns in the CA CMDB database. This correspondence allows the same XML documents to work in either -lttwa (load to TWA) mode or a direct GRLoader import.

etc
    --------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Kyle_R.