AnsweredAssumed Answered

Monitoring in Queue based Systems

Question asked by StefanSiegl on Jan 22, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 by MaryGreening
Hi,

This is my first post to this community and I really hope that I found the correct spot to ask my question :)

Our system is a middleware component that is used through out the whole company. This system gets two basic kinds of requests: Synchronous requests via REST interfaces and asynchronous requests via message queues (Websphere Message Broker). For async requests, the result will be put in an according message queue and the caller is responsible for the polling of these.

This middleware component also forwards requests to legacy systems that do the calculation and format the responses (also done via messages). Thus one request will be internally pushed to different queues back and forth (depending on the usecase). The messages do know which usecase they fulfill (that is there is a usecase name in them, the user id, correlation ids etc).

For monitoring these systems I would like to define business transactions based on the messages we receive (or based on certain Java methods being called). As far as I understand, the only way to define Business Transactions is by means of HTTP, which is only being used for a part (the smaller part) of the requests.

Do you have an idea of how one could use Introscope in a situation like this?

Thank you,
Stefan

Outcomes