CA Service Management

• 1.  Change Calendar customization

Posted Jan 23, 2013 06:45 AM
    Hi all,
    We are starting to use Change Calendar in our SDM r12.6 and people seems to be unhappy with it. The views are not easy to manage and the information is poor. I would like to choose what fields to display.
    Does anyone knows how to customize these views?
    Thank you in advance,
    Pedro

• 2.  RE: Change Calendar customization
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2013 05:52 PM
    You might start with modifying list_chgsched.htmpl

• 3.  RE: Change Calendar customization

Posted Jan 28, 2013 12:48 PM
    Pedro,

We used the Change Calendar quite extensively in SDM 12.5. However, when we upgraded to SDM 12.6 in September and have seen a huge difference (negatively) in the calendar performance. Due to the calendar searching all changes within the MDB, this causes tremendous latency when attempting to render the Change Calendar page. We have put in a customization that prompts the end user to input specific dates in which they wish to view, therefore greatly diminishing the latency within the calendar.

Good luck!

• 4.  Re: RE: Change Calendar customization

Posted Nov 16, 2014 10:48 PM

Pedro,

Did you eventually customize your Change Calendar? I have had similar feedback, and would appreciate any ideas on how to improve the interface. It would be great If anyone out there could post a screenshot of how they have modified the Change Calendar for their organisation.

Cheers

Stuart

• 5.  Re: Change Calendar customization

Posted Nov 18, 2014 11:23 PM

We do not use "Type" on the Change Order form. Therefore I want it removed from the monthly view from the Change Calendar.

type.png

I think it related to this piece of code in the list_chgsched_config.htmpl form.

</PDM_IF>

<script type="text/javascript">
    // Group change orders by change type (normal, standard, emergency)
    function setSchedEvents( chg )
    {
      var grpnum;
      switch( chg.chgtype - 0 ) {
        case 100: grpnum = schedGroup_std;  break;
        case 300: grpnum = schedGroup_emer; break;
        default:  grpnum = schedGroup_norm; break;
      }
      chg.schedEvent( grpnum, chg.sched_start_date, chg.sched_end_date );
    }

<PDM_IF 0>

My preference would be to replace Change Order Type with Change Order Category. I tried modifying the case statement to use chg.category with no success. I don't know where the values schedGroup_std, schedGroup_emer & schedGroup_norm come from they don't appear when running a pdm_extract usp_change_type and I cannot see their reference in the schedule_chg.js or list_chgsched.htmpl forms.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Stuart