DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

• 1.  How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Jan 31, 2013 05:48 PM
    My current Spectrum environment has almost 20 SpectroSERVERs in it. When we have to make manual updates to AlarmMap or EventDisp files, it's a pain. Copying the files out to the rest of the SpectroSERVERs isn't bad, it's telling those SpectroSERVERS to reload the event information that really sucks. Right now, we're forced to manually go into each VNM model, expand out the SpectroSERVER control, click on "Update Event Configuration", then wait for it to finish and so on.

Does anyone know of a way to do that from the Spectrum command line? Or a value you can set via Attribute Editor for the VNM's that will let you tell all of the Spectrum servers to reload their event information?

• 2.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 01, 2013 03:01 AM
    For this purpose I have on one server a shell script which executes the given argument via ssh on each SpectroServer.
    The CLI update action to use is 0x100a2 "Reload EventDisp and AlertMap files" with the VNM modelhandle.
    The specific CLI command which connects and updates with the unique VNM modelhandle is stored in a separate script on each server.
    The action reloads only the SpectroServer not the OneClick Server.

• 3.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Feb 04, 2013 06:11 PM
    This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. I'm not too worried about OneClick/Tomcat, as there's only 2 servers to touch there; it's the 20 SpectroSERVERs that were kicking my butt.

Thanks again for the action code.

• 4.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Feb 04, 2013 06:16 PM
    Also, just a note, I just tested it and it looks like it works correctly to send the update action to the remote VNM's model handle all from one SpectroSERVER, while connected to a single landscape.

For example, this worked for me as a shell loop:
    for VNM_MH in $(cat ~/custom/data/vnm_models) ; do ./update action=0x100a2 mh=$VNM_MH ; done

• 5.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Apr 24, 2013 01:44 PM

olafs wrote:

For this purpose I have on one server a shell script which executes the given argument via ssh on each SpectroServer.
    The CLI update action to use is 0x100a2 "Reload EventDisp and AlertMap files" with the VNM modelhandle.
    The specific CLI command which connects and updates with the unique VNM modelhandle is stored in a separate script on each server.
    The action reloads only the SpectroServer not the OneClick Server.
    This is exactly what I was looking for too. Thanks!

Is there a similar way to reload the OneClick server as well?

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Apr 24, 2013 02:32 PM

justin_kulikowski wrote:

Is there a similar way to reload the OneClick server as well?
    I'm not sure if there is a more "right" way of doing what I was asking for, but from poking around it seems like doing a request (wget, curl, etc.) to the following URL might do the trick:
    http://<one_click_server>:8080/spectrum/admin/ecds.jsp?reload=Reload

• 7.  Re: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:22 AM

Here's an updated url to reload the event and alarm files on your oneclick server. I'm using it on 10.2.2.

http://<one_click_server>:8080/spectrum/admin/ecds.jsp?reload1=SPC-OCA-10052%3A+Are+you+sure+you+want+to+reload%3f&reload=Reload

• 8.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Feb 01, 2013 09:07 AM
    I have been experimenting with a FT seup of Spectrum servers.

When changes are made in my model, just doing a backup automatically makes changes to the FT model.

Do you have yours set up in an FT configuration?

• 9.  RE: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Feb 04, 2013 07:28 PM
    We do make use of a FT setup for Spectrum, yes. I haven't yet verified whether the event files need to be manually copied to the FT servers, or not; I've been copying them to all (primary and FT) servers manually because I don't trust that it'll "just work".

• 10.  Re: How: Bulk reload event information (CLI, Attribute Editor, etc)

Posted Jun 22, 2018 02:09 PM

Simpler and better solution to this that is dynamic, self-contained, and works for all SpectoSERVERs in the environment:

./connect

./show landscapes | awk '$1 !~ /(SSName|b$)/ {print $1,$5}' | while read SS handle; do ./connect $SS ;./update action=0x000100a2 mh=$handle; ./disconnect; done
    ./disconnect

Basically, we connect, pull a list of all landscapes, filter out the "header" line, and then ignore any landscapes with a priority other than 10 (under the assumption that other landscapes will be fault-tolerant  secondaries).  The remaining list then gets looped through and has action code 0x100a2 sent to them, triggering an Event reload.  Finally, we disconnect from vnmsh.