DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Incident SNMP Traps

Posted Feb 13, 2013 10:50 AM
    Hello,

I work for a company that wants to use the "single pane of glass" approach to their numerous monitoring tools. CEM's Incidents is one such tool that management would like to have under this concept of a single pane of glass. Over the past year and a half I have had two onsite CA engineers and one remote technician that can't get the evidence collections portion of CEM to work.

Has anyone gotten this to work with APM 9.1.x?

Thank you
    Jose

• 2.  RE: Incident SNMP Traps

Posted Feb 13, 2013 01:51 PM
    Let see try to understand your question.

I assume many of your monitoring tools are reporting to one CMDB. You want CEM incidents report to the CMDB as well right?

Personally I haven't done it yet but don't see why we can't do that.

• 3.  RE: Incident SNMP Traps

Posted Feb 13, 2013 01:54 PM
    I am trying to get CEM incidents via an SNMP trap to a 3rd party monitoring tool.

Thank you
    Jose

• 4.  RE: Incident SNMP Traps

Posted Feb 20, 2013 10:44 AM
    Jose,

I haven't tried this yet but if the CEM Incidents can be exported to Introscope as metrics, we can create Alerts off it and configure these alerts with an SNMP trap that can send the message to another monitoring tool say as an example CA Spectrum.

We are currently using this kind of alerting to send the Alerts from Introscope to Spectrum.

Thanks,

KIRAN T

• 5.  RE: [CA APM General Discussion] RE: Incident SNMP Traps

Posted Feb 20, 2013 10:50 AM
    It can but not from a user�s perspective. The metrics are not �slow time� or �authentication denied�. The only thing I can see it sending is what would be a defect instead of the incident.

Jose

From: CA Wily Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:44 AM
    To: mb.2307983.100323281@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [CA APM General Discussion] RE: Incident SNMP Traps

Jose,

I haven't tried this yet but if the CEM Incidents can be exported to Introscope as metrics, we can create Alerts off it and configure these alerts with an SNMP trap that can send the message to another monitoring tool say as an example CA Spectrum.

We are currently using this kind of alerting to send the Alerts from Introscope to Spectrum.

Thanks,

KIRAN T
    Posted by:ktirupati
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.2307983.100323281@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.2307983.100323281@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

-----------------------------------------
    This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may
    contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only
    for the use of the intended addressee. Any dissemination,
    distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents
    of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is
    strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
    please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX
    email address. Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage
    caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.