DX NetOps

• 1.  Re-Addressing Network

Posted Feb 14, 2013 04:05 PM
    We are readdressing the network links both LAN and WAN. CA does not have a method or utility to automate the change of IP addressing. Does anyone have a script or suggestion on how to automate this manual process?

• 2.  Re: [CA Network Flow Analysis] Re-Addressing Network

Posted Feb 14, 2013 04:31 PM
    If you're only talking about NFA, then the only IP address change that
    matters is the Loopback that is part of the netflow configuration. In the
    netflow config you'll specify which interface to send from and you should
    be using the loopback ip address. If your loopback isn't changing, nothing
    else needs to be done in NFA.

If your loopback IP is changing, NFA will register the flows as a coming
    from a new router. After discovery takes place you'll need to merge the
    interface records from the old router records into the new router records.
    This is all built into the NFA admin gui.

• 3.  RE: [CA Network Flow Analysis] Re-Addressing Network

Posted Feb 15, 2013 07:02 AM
    This is dealing with CA Spectrum Infrastructure Manager. The elements discovered are mostly tagged by WAN IP, these addresses are changing so I’m looking for an easier way (instead of manually changing each on in Spectrum) to change the IPs associated with these elements.

• 4.  RE: [CA Network Flow Analysis] Re-Addressing Network

Posted Feb 25, 2013 06:44 PM
    I have to tackle something similar because a client want's to use VMWare's SRM for Disaster Recovery (which means that SRM is going to migrate all the VMs to another site then re-ip every one of them).

The only way that I've been able to come up with is to use DNS to see what the current IP address for a device model is and then VNMSH to update the Network_Address attribute for the models.

The of course has several pitfalls, the biggest of which is it's dependent upon a correct DNS entry (and the device even being IN the DNS server).
    This unfortunately falls under the category of the best of a series of bad choices.

Another option might be to utilize the Restful Web API to come up with something similar.

• 5.  RE: [CA Network Flow Analysis] Re-Addressing Network
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 07:16 AM
    Look in the docs for the Modeling gateway - it can export/import topology (and not only) information in CA Spectrum. You can generate an XML file - from an export - then modify it to update the network address and then import it. Alternatively, you can also use the CLI to update models in bulk.

• 6.  Moving thread

Posted Feb 15, 2013 08:56 AM
    In that case, I'll move this thread over to the Spectrum category instead of the NFA category.