AnsweredAssumed Answered

CA APM Siteminder SNMP Agent

Question asked by JKW on Feb 21, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 by MaryGreening
I'm not sure which group to put this one in, because it deals with monitoring siteminder with Introscope.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has successfully implemented the CA APM Introscope SNMP Siteminder agent.

We are having the following problems:

1) The number of threads on the agent keeps increasing. It's up to 800 threads. We are monitoring several Policy Servers. The number of threads in a single day of 6 Policy Servers is 4000+ threads and will continue to increase. Doing a restart, the threads drop down to about 40, but will continue to rise. We are considering implementing a daily cron job to restart the process.

2) The agent logs report "Metric to be deleted ......" , Never seen an agent that constantly deletes metrics. This causes the logs to overfill, reaching 500mb within a day.

2/19/13 04:59:55 PM EST [INFO] [SNMPCollector-collectionWorker] Metric to be
deleted:SiteMinder Policy Servers|siteminder02|Connected Web
Agents|client1|Performance|Key Operations|Validation:Failure Count
2/19/13 04:59:55 PM EST [INFO] [SNMPCollector-collectionWorker] Metric to be
deleted:SiteMinder Policy Servers|siteminder02|Connected Web
Agents|client1|Performance|Key Operations|Validation:Moving Average Response
Time (ms)

3) Community string "public". There appears no way to change the default community string on the subagent process running on the Siteminder Policy Server from "public".

I have several tickets opened with CA, but still waiting on responses, so I'm wondering if the community has experienced any problems or uses the integration. I'm considering removing the agent and using the SNMPGetWily community agent with an associated Siteminder MIB file.

JKW

Outcomes