Clarity

• 1.  GEL E-Mail

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:06 AM
    Does anyone have a sample script of how to send an email from a GEL script? Not the NOTIFY tag but the EMAIL tag? I have tried searching but no luck.  Thanks in advance for your time.

• 2.  Re: GEL E-Mail

Try This                                      from="${EmailFrom}"                                     fromName="${EmailFromName}"                                     subject="Error Connecting to XOG" to="${EmailTo}">        SQL Error: ${sqlerr}       

• 3.  Re: GEL E-Mail

Is it possible for GEL to email attachments as well? Just curious?  

• 4.  Re: GEL E-Mail

Yes. I found this site quite useful for the use of GEL tags  http://commons.apache.org/jelly/libs/email/tags.html 

• 5.  Re: GEL E-Mail

Thanks that worked when I used it in the application. Our setup is a little difference because we have XOG/GEL installed on the database server instead of the App server. I had to add some jar files to the xog directory in order to use GEL to update tables. Do you happen to know what I need to add in order for the mail to work? I figure since it is using the properties.xml file for the mail server that on the database server I need to put the files there somewhere in order for it to work.  Any ideas? Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

• 6.  Re: GEL E-Mail

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:07 AM
    Hi, FedericoThe following script using "CC" and "attach" tags and they are failing when save the custom scripts page in Processes.   

test mail   Got the following error:  BPM-0703: Custom script syntax error at line 10, column 165: Tag 'email' does not have attribute 'CC'.  BPM-0703: Custom script syntax error at line 10, column 137: Tag 'email' does not have attribute 'attach'.  What tag files still I need to add with the script?