Vic

Moving a working Process Gel Script to Batch Job?

Discussion created by Vic on Oct 12, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 by Gerwin
Is it possible to take a Gel Script and convert to a time based batch job?   I've not found any references or any doco.    Here is the situation:   I've built a Gel Script with working SQL, proper looping, case conditions,  that end with  SMTP email notifications based upon the query.   I would like to move this from a Process  to  a Scheduled  Based Execution through the Job function.   I've sucessfully have everything working from the command line (except for the smtp email notifications - assuming that will work if I can ever get the script loaded as a job.   getting EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/Channel message when the script hits the gel:email).  In setting up the Job poperties,  should the Execution Type  be set up as Java?    If so, how would  I convert, store,  copy, etc... the   Executable Name  (enter the Class Path)?   in the other Java code in my environment,  they all start com.niku.*.*.*   etc...    The Content Source is niku.com.   Would that remain the same?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I hope  experts don't laugh too loud at my rookie questions...   :)  Thanks,  Vic      

Outcomes