Clarity

• 1.  GEL Scripting Education

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:07 AM
    I am a new customer to using CA Clarity and need  some suggestions from the community. I and my team are trying to learn GEL scripting and I am finding available knowledge resources hard to find. Does anyone have any suggestions on good references for a budget constrained organization.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: GEL Scripting Education

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:07 AM
    You will probably find a lot of the most useful information on this forum!  You'll see that the second most popular TAG on the forum (after Clarity) is "GEL" so there a lot of threads on here - have a search around!  For example, attached to this thread; 2297925 are a couple of useful howto documents and examples.  The "real" documentation is that provided by CA in the "Integration Guide" (downloadable from casupport if you don't have it) and the internet "jelly" documentation at http://commons.apache.org/jelly/overview.html -but you have to understand the concepts to get the best out of these (since they don't explain "why" you are using GEL, only "how"!)  Post questions on this forum and someone will usually chip in with some help!  David MortonCapgemini