Clarity

• 1.  Process and Gel

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:08 AM
    I wrote a gel script and stored it in a process.   The process goes from start to finish with the script stored in the Start step.   I utilized the job "Execute a process" to automate the script.   This worked in the Development environment.   Next, I migrated the process to Acceptance (Test) and updated the URL to acceptance.   When I attempt to run the job "Execute a process", it does not work.    Does anyone have any suggestions?   I would greatly appreciate them.    Thanks  ~Aaron

• 2.  Re: Process and Gel

Did you check to see that the Process Engine is working in the Test enviornment?In the NSA, check the "Run Process Engine" boxes in the Application and Background tabs.If it's in the Background tab, make sure the Background process is running.Are the XOG parameters set in Test environment?I frequently use different passwords for XOG and ADMIN users across different environments to prevent accidental cross-XOGging, so keeping those credentials straight in GEL is important.Lastly look at the Initiated Processes message section, click the Show Details button and look at the XOG output.

• 3.  Re: Process and Gel

What do you mean by "it does not work"?  Can you select it in the "Execute a Process" job?   (No = the new process is INACTIVE, just activate it in the admin tool).  The job runs but the process does not?   (Check your process engine / BG)  The process starts but doesn't "run"? (Check / restart your process engine / BG)  The process runs but generates errors?   (Tell us what the errors are!)  Dave.