Clarity

• 1.  GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:08 AM
    I'm using the GEL script (via clarity job) to send the XOG output to fileshare(NOT an FTP server).  When I tried the command gel:serialize filename=" \ \ ", the output is not going to that folder.  Am I missing something?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks    

• 2.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

Hi  See below gel tags       loadcontent_proj_fund_ext_query ">[left]
    ------------
    --------------------------------

Load Content is blank

Load Content is not blank    Are you assigning the variable of gel parse tag to serialize method?      -Siva

• 3.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

[These must be the files for upload into Access?Instead of outputting files to a fileshare (which are probably the 300 projects in xog format?), why not produce the reports in Clarity?]  If you must  produce files for entry into Access, do not assume Clarity is a LAN user (because it isn't) and Clarity does not understand or know anything about your logon credentials in the LAN filesystem(s). Clarity is a J2EE   application running "anonymously" more or less.  The system user that is used to run the Clarity services wil determine what parts of the LAN Clarity can 'see'. So, if you are having trouble using serialze, you may have to use FTP, or place the files somewhere else where Clarity can access.  I often think the best solution is the simplest. A few report definition in Clarity might save you a whole lot of trouble.

• 4.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

[These must be the files for upload into Access?Instead of outputting files to a fileshare (which are probably the 300 projects in xog format?), why not produce the reports in Clarity?]  Looks like you are familiar with the issue I'm having.   :smileyhappy:  We are in the processs of migrating all the reports into BO and which takes about a year to complete.   The reason we do in MS-Access is an interim report and a quick solution to the leadership team.   Due to security reason, clarity team does not give me access to SQL server DB from MS-Access.   I have NO option except to use GEL script to XOG out all the project data.  I do not have an FTP server in place but I have a fileshare to keep all the XOG outputs.   Can I use GEL FTP for FileShare?    So I understand from your message that, I need to request write access for the clarity system admin user a/c  to be able to  access the fileshare, so the output file will be copied.  Again, if you have any other workaround to handle this situation that would be great.  Thanks    

• 5.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

Thanks for your reply.   I'm trying send the XOG to remote server by hard coding the servername\foldername.   I tried the serialize command and also    fileName=\\filesharename\foldername\filename.xml delimiter="," commentIndicator="#" var="input"/>   I'm not sure clarity server needs write access to copy the file in the remote server.  And also, the remote server is NOT an FTP server so I dont know whether I can use the GEL FTP command.

• 6.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

Hi,  The file must first be read into a variable, then you can output using a serialize command:                             In this one, we passed a date variable into vnow and the file into xogBody and the local directory into PLocalDirectory.    

• 7.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

First of all, thanks for your response.  I want the XOG output should go to the FileShare(Not an FTP site).  Where is the place in Serialize command,  I need to mention the Full path name of FileShare?  The file is getting prepared but not sending to the FileShare  Thanks-Venkitta    

• 8.  Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

Somehow, I figured out the problem.    I declared the parameter and set it to the remote server and then I referred the variable in the SERIALIZE command.   It worked.  But my next problem is, how do I create the output file based on the project ID?  Example: 231707_project_out.xml.  Any idea?    

• 9.  RE: Re: GEL script - XOG output to fileshare

Posted Nov 16, 2010 11:58 AM
    Hi:
    For the Gel Serialize command, I feed in the name via variable:

<gel:serialize fileName="${PLocalDirectory}/XOG_EPMLive_${vnow}.xml" var="${xogBody}"/>

The "XOG_EPMLive" can be replaced by your project variable ${project}

Hope this helps,
    Lowell Wetzel