Clarity

• 1.  Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1)

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:08 AM
    Since the topic is marked as resolved... i still need some more help please

the original topic can be found HERE.

bsically, i have tried both suggestions and still i am seeing the
    >
    New Users Password will be Defaulted to Value niku2000
    line after XOG'ing in. I am using the XLM Open gateway and not the xog.client within Clarity.

Thanks for any help someone can shed the light on this for me a bit more. :-)

Keri

• 2.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1

Hi Keri,

Any Resource created via XOG will automatically default to a password of ‘niku2000’. And all created XOG resources will automatically default to ‘Force Password Change on Login’. So, once an account is created, log into it with ‘niku2000’, and it will ask for a new password for that user account.

Unfortunately this "niku2000" default password cannot be changed. You could however open an issue with suppport and log an enhancement request to open this password up and make it available for modification.

Hope that helps.
    --Kathy

• 3.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1

Hi there,

This is also not supported by CA, but an easier way that doesn't involve updating the base program files is to put a 'Before Insert' trigger on cmn_sec_users.

In the body of the trigger (assuming you're using Oracle) you'd put

:NEW.pwd := 'your-new-encrypted-password-string';

When the trigger fires it will overwrite the default supplied by Clarity and replace it with your string.

Again this is AYOR, but is a bit cleaner than hacking xml files

Paul

• 4.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1

Hi Keri,

There is a custom solution through which you can change default password from "niku2000" to custom password.

In your Clarity Folder go to path :- "Clarity\webroot\WEB-INF\xog\xql\cmn_users_write.xql"

Open that file and look for :-

<!-- niku2000 value -->
    <xbl:variable name="pwdval" value="uOKlIQvhjQY5DkehDm8EWN825FHlOsjjRg+jaQcvmlQ="/>

Copy any encrypted password and paste in value part.

Hope this will solve your Query.

Note: CA dont recommend this type of workaround

Regards
    Tidi

• 5.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1

TIDI wrote:

Hi Keri,

There is a custom solution through which you can change default password from "niku2000" to custom password.

In your Clarity Folder go to path :- "Clarity\webroot\WEB-INF\xog\xql\cmn_users_write.xql"

Open that file and look for :-

<!-- niku2000 value -->
    <xbl:variable name="pwdval" value="uOKlIQvhjQY5DkehDm8EWN825FHlOsjjRg+jaQcvmlQ="/>

Copy any encrypted password and paste in value part.

Hope this will solve your Query.

Note: CA dont recommend this type of workaround

Regards
    Tidi
    Tidi,
    Yes i have tried that approach before on my test box and it didn't take. :-(
    I would love it if CA left that up to the client to put in a default password instead of making it already defaulted.

Keri

• 6.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2010 07:06 PM
    [color=#121E9C][size=4][font=Arial]Hi Keri,

It is a simple matter to put a tightly restricted INSERT trigger (like Paul suggested) on CMN_SEC_USERS (or use a GEL <sql:update... script in a process) to replace the PWD field/column value on any new user record that is about to be written containing the niku200 default password with your own encrypted custom password. Contact me if you need the actual code to do this. A trigger or process like this is more likely to win CA approval than modifying the code as previuously suggested.

Hope this helps.

Patrick.

[font][size][color]

• 7.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1

Posted Nov 15, 2010 01:43 PM
    Hi patrick, yes i would be interested in the code to do this. excellent idea, thank you.

Keri

furrelkt at gmail.com

• 8.  RE: Changing defaul password from "niku2000" to custom (Password1

Tidi - you are correct, we don't recommend doing this however... Keri, please keep in mind that IF you give this a try run this on a TEST or DEV system and test it out thoroughly before considering this in PROD as any issues resulting from this type of a change would not be supported.