Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

navzjoshi00

navzjoshi00Mar 13, 2013 06:40 AM

System

SystemMar 13, 2013 06:32 PM

Ollivier-Francois Dorso

Ollivier-Francois DorsoMar 14, 2013 08:20 AM

Shashank Gaikwad

Shashank GaikwadJan 30, 2019 05:12 AM

• 1.  CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 12, 2013 04:59 PM
    Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Have you ever run into a situation where a project manager leaves the organization and then you realize that no one can update that project’s participant list? Below are some good practices that can be followed to minimize the chances of this happening.

In Clarity, when a new project is created, the person who creates the project becomes the Collaboration Manager. Collaboration Managers are the only people who can update the project participant list. There are no security access rights that can be granted that allow someone to become a Collaboration Manager; therefore, to make someone a collaboration manager, an existing project collaboration manager needs to go to the participants page on the project in question and make another participant a collaboration manager.

If there is one collaboration manager on a project, and that person leaves the organization, then that project will not have anyone who can update the participants list. To avoid this situation, ensure that projects have multiple collaboration managers so that there are multiple people who can act as a collaboration manager in the event the main project collaboration manager leaves the organization.

If your organization creates projects from templates, ensure that the templates include multiple collaboration managers. Depending on your organization, the Functional Administrators or the PMO team members can all be collaboration managers on the templates which will make them collaboration managers on all projects created from the templates.

Have a policy that all projects created need to have a predefined set of people as collaboration managers. Then have a process where the PMO or another group of people are responsible for reviewing the setup of all projects. Part of the review would be to verify that the collaboration managers are appropriately defined on the project. If the collaboration managers are not appropriately defined the current collaboration manager should be contacted and asked to make the necessary updates.

• 2.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 13, 2013 06:40 AM
    Thanks for sharing !!!

NJ

• 3.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 13, 2013 05:29 PM
    We developed a workaround using a gel-script based process. When we change the manager name on a project, the new manager is automatically added to the participant list and is made a collaboration manager.

Have had this running a couple years - works great.

• 4.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 13, 2013 05:32 PM
    Hi Dale. Can you share that script? I'd be interested to see how u did it.

Thanks,

Juan

• 5.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 13, 2013 05:55 PM
    Dale: Were you the one who suggested a db script in r8.1 and later on established that it prevented ugprades.

Is the Gel script better.?

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 09:41 AM

another_martink wrote:

Dale: Were you the one who suggested a db script in r8.1 and later on established that it prevented ugprades.

Is the Gel script better.?

Martti K.
    Martti,

No. The only implementation we've ever had is the workflow/gel script solution, however it does call a procedure. The workflow/gel script is used as a means to trigger the procedure and to pass the project ID to the procedure. The original script/procedure actually came from Michael Hamer at CA. Two versions of it have been running since April 2011 - one runs On Create and the other On Update.

Why two?
    - On Update: Runs whenever project manager name is changed on an existing project
    - On Create: The OTB project creation process puts the project's creator on as participant/collaboration manager, regardless of the manager name picked on the project create view. Running this process on create ensures that the name picked for manager is also added as a participant/collaboration manager. Ideally, we ought to upgrade this process to remove the project creator's name from the particpant list.

We've gone through minor upgrades and hot fix installs, and we've upgraded our non-production systems from 12.0 to 13.1, with no problems caused by these two processes. An alternative would be to use a trigger to call the procedure. We have a couple triggers running, with CA input/approval, but we treat triggers like the Plague - avoid at all costs.

Dale

• 7.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 09:30 AM

Juan_Ortega wrote:

Thanks,

Juan
    There is a great solution to this problem on the RegoXchange Clarity knowledge-share site. To view information about this technical trick follow this link: http://regoxchange.com/show/103/

• 8.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 09:36 AM
    Dan,
    Perhaps you would like to post the Rego solution here as well?

• 9.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:27 AM
    The solution seems to be in the area of the Rego site that you have to pay for access. It is not located in the 'theBasiX' but in the 'theWorx'.

Please do not use these message boards to solicite the community memebers for 'Paid Services'. To do so violates the community charter and you may find your account deactivated.

From the Charter:

Violating the Code of Ethics may result in membership termination from the CA Technologies’ communities. CA Technologies sets out the terms and conditions of your use of our services in the Terms and Conditions agreed to when registering for MyCA. Some of the key things to remember are:

You may not abuse, harass, threaten, or advocate violence against other members or individuals or groups.

Stay on topic. Although some groups hold different standards, most groups appreciate it when you stay on topic. If you constantly stray from the topic you may be moderated or removed from a group altogether by the leaders of that community.

You may not use this community for commercial or advertising purposes.
    You may not post content which infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.

CA Technologies reserves the right to remove content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and/or in violation of our rules and the agreed upon terms and conditions when registering for MyCA

Regards,
    Micahel Thibault
    Communications Officer, CGUC

• 10.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:34 AM
    Thanks.

• 11.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 12:24 PM
    Michael,

I am new to Rego and apologize for promoting a Clarity solution that requires a subscription to download. I have attached the XML process to this post, and we will immediately move this solution over to the FREE library on RegoXchange. In the future, I promise to only point out solutions that are part of the free library (what we call theBasiX membership).

Solution Description: "The Grant PM Collaboration Manager Rights workflow process can be run through the "Execute a Process" job. The workflow will execute a query that gives a Project Manager the Collaboration Manager rights to their projects. Often times, PMs are not set as Collaboration Managers when the project is created. This script can be run to automatically give a PM the Collaboration Manager rights to their projects, without having to go through the projects one by one."

Respectfully,

David

• 12.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 01:22 PM
    Thank you very much for the update and thank you for supporting the Clarity community.

Regards,
    Michael Thibault

• 13.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 15, 2013 01:59 AM
    Thanks for sharing this !!! :grin:

NJ

• 14.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 15, 2013 04:37 AM
    Kevin:

Yes definitely as said if everything else fails.
    I would not be worried about the trail, because it would have to be some sort of admin to do that and typically the ID for a user who is no longer in the organization. If the user is still there he or she could be asked to perform the required actions..
    With LDAP sync the admin can disable the LDAP syncin in the Admin tool. However that would not solve the OnDemand portal access - right?

Martti K.

• 15.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 09:59 AM

Juan_Ortega wrote:

Thanks,

Juan
    Juan,

Michael Hamer at CA was the original source for the gel script and corresponding procedure. Perhaps Chris (forum moderator) can prompt Michael to repost the solution. In the meantime, I'm going through the process of getting approval to post code.

Dale

• 16.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:12 AM
    That is just fine and dandy if the user organization is smart enough to have precautions around this "feature"
    I still fail to see why this is outside the rights administration and even not manageable in the GUI in a reasonable manner like Project and Resource manager (auto rights).
    There has been en ERQ for this made in November 2003.

The participants and collaboration managers if I recall it correctly cannot be XOGed in either.

If everything else fails a work around is to query the user who is the collaboration manager reset the password for that and login as that user to clean up the collaboration.

There are db scripts on the old forum for turning a participant into a collaboration manager. Likewise you can first make a user a participant in that nonsupported manner.

Martti K.

EDIT I did not recall edit at least participants can be XOGed.

• 17.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:43 AM
    I agree Martti. It should be part of the Project Manager (Auto) rights. There should also be a Global security right like "Project - Collaboration Manager - All" for administrators.

We have multiple Collaboration Managers on our project templates as suggested but it doesn't completely fix the issue. Nowadays (at least where I work), turnaround within companies happens a lot more than it used to so if your admin leaves, the new admin will not be a collaboration manager on all the projects.

Garrett

• 18.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:46 AM
    byean01 has and Idea created on this subject: https://caideation.secure.force.com/ideation/ideaSearchResults?s=collaboration+manager

I just promoted it. ts only at 90 points as of now. Suggest that we all vote for it.

I don't like having to vote to put useful something back in, but the Ideation process is one of the available tools that to get our message into the development process. Perhaps this vault feature could be made optional, ask it sounds like some customers like it just as it is.

Dale

• 19.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 11:10 AM
    Dale: Can you post the real URL link for the Idea? The link you sent is search parameterized.

I tried searching for "collaboration", but I didn't get byean01's Post. The search feature at the Ideation site is worse than ..... :smile:

Thanks - Juan

• 20.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

• 21.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 11:28 AM
    I have implemented a mechanism for one of the customer in the following manner.

Clarity creates the following two groups internally for collabaration purposes.(research result)

1) CLB_PROJECT_MEMBERS<project id>
    2) CLB_PROJECT_MANAGERS<project_id>

You can write a stored procedure with below steps.
    1) Create a cursor which retrieves all the projects in the system(only project intenal id and manager id)
    2) Build the groups mentioned above from dual (for oracle)
    3) get the group id of that group from cmn_sec_groups
    4) then with the data you have in hand <group id> and <manager id> search for existance of a record in cmn_sec_user_groups table.
    5) if no data found and manager_id is not null then you can use the below procedure to manually insert a record in DB

CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS_INS_ID_SP(manager_id, group_id, 1<admin id>, dummy_output_variable)

Once you have this procedure in place, you can create a job and then schedule it to run nightly.

• 22.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Nov 18, 2015 01:49 AM

Hi Dave, this link is not opening. Could you please help

• 23.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Nov 18, 2015 02:38 AM

• 24.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 12:01 PM

Juan_Ortega wrote:

Dale: Can you post the real URL link for the Idea? The link you sent is search parameterized.

I tried searching for "collaboration", but I didn't get byean01's Post. The search feature at the Ideation site is worse than ..... :smile:

Thanks - Juan
    Juan,

Dave's link works:

Allow setting a collaboration manager for a project via XOG and/or process system action

Or, raw address:
    https://caideation.secure.force.com/ideation/ideaView?id=087a0000000iez3

Dale

• 25.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:50 AM
    Good Tip Kevin.Thanks for it.

If you have an PMO team who is creating projects then it is better to create an dummy user id (Not admin user) which can be used by PMO team commonly to create the projects.so that dummy user id in addition to the PM will be the Collaboration manager.so if an PM changes or moves out of organization then the PMO team can provide collaboration manager access rights to the new PM by using the dummy user login.Why the dummy user but not real user for PMO is that if an PMO user moves out the organization then it will be difficult.

Be cautious in adding more participants particularly if you have huge documents as this will increase the count in the access rights table and will indirectly impact the performance.For audit / quality team you can provide access rights at an obs level for viewing documents.

cheers,
    sundar

• 26.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:53 AM
    I tend to agree with keeping the number of participants to a minimum.

Martti K.

• 27.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:53 AM
    We in the PMO create the project and assign the PM, we also make the PM the collaboration manager. So there are 2 collaboration managers, one from the PMO and th other is the PM. We have never had a probelm.

• 28.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 11:14 AM
    mike2.2,

We do the same thing. I also tend to look at this from the time saving and admin perspective. The less clicking and admin work I need to do (ie, project creation or when a PM leaves) the better. To me it should be automated for a PM and a security right for an admin. That's just my thought.

Garrett

• 29.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 09:43 PM

another_martink wrote:

If everything else fails a work around is to query the user who is the collaboration manager reset the password for that and login as that user to clean up the collaboration.
    The above suggestion does work as a last resort and you may indeed have to do this in some siturations to remedy the problem.

A few comments to add to this is that organizations tend to frown on users logging into the system as other users: doing so allows a user to perform actions while leaving a trail as though someone else performed those actions.

Also, if it is an OnDemand installation and logins are controlled through the portal or if it is a Single SignOn installation, one cannot change the password of another user and login.

• 30.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Apr 08, 2013 05:03 PM
    Got approval.

We just went through a Clarity v12.0 to v13.1 upgrade - works fine. Code below is Oracle based.

Gel script for process. Will need to place in an update process and create process:

<gel:script xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    xmlns:core="jelly:core"
    xmlns:gel="jelly:com.niku.union.gel.GELTagLibrary"
    xmlns:soap="jelly:com.niku.union.gel.SOAPTagLibrary"
    xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    xmlns:sql="jelly:sql" xmlns:util="jelly:util"
    xmlns:xog="http://www.niku.com/xog"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <!-- Connection to Database -->
    <gel:setDataSource dbId="niku" var="clarityDS"/>
    <!-- Get Project Code-->
    <sql:query dataSource="${clarityDS}" escapeText="false" var="projCode">

select Z_PMGR_MAKE_COLLAB_MGR_FCT(${gel_objectInstanceId}) from dual
    </sql:query>
    </gel:script>

SQL for function called by process:

create or replace FUNCTION Z_PMGR_MAKE_COLLAB_MGR_FCT(

p_prj_id IN NUMBER
    )
    /* --------------------------------------------------------
    Makes the project manager collaboration managers on project

-------------------------------------------------------- */
    RETURN VARCHAR2
    AS

v_groupidmember NUMBER;

v_groupidmanager NUMBER;

v_groupcdmember VARCHAR2(40);

v_groupcdmanager VARCHAR2(40);

v_ugid NUMBER;

v_dummy NUMBER;

v_object_instance_id NUMBER;

v_folder_id NUMBER;

v_mgr_id NUMBER;
    PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION;
    BEGIN

-- Query below gets the project manager

SELECT U.ID INTO v_mgr_id

FROM CMN_SEC_USERS U

WHERE U.ID = (SELECT MANAGER_ID FROM PRJ_PROJECTS WHERE PRID = p_prj_id);

SELECT 'CLB_PROJECT_MANAGERS'||p_prj_id INTO v_groupcdmanager FROM DUAL;

SELECT 'CLB_PROJECT_MEMBERS'||p_prj_id INTO v_groupcdmember FROM DUAL;

SELECT ID INTO v_groupidmember

FROM CMN_SEC_GROUPS

WHERE GROUP_CODE = v_groupcdmember;

SELECT ID INTO v_groupidmanager

FROM CMN_SEC_GROUPS

WHERE GROUP_CODE = v_groupcdmanager;

SELECT CATEGORY_ID INTO v_object_instance_id

FROM NTD_CATEGORIES

WHERE OBJECT_ID = p_prj_id

AND GROUP_ID_OWNERS = v_groupidmanager;

SELECT ID INTO v_folder_id

FROM clb_dms_folders

WHERE assoc_obj_id = p_prj_id

AND assoc_obj_type = 'Projects';

/* First make the user a participant */

BEGIN

SELECT ID INTO v_dummy FROM CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS

WHERE USER_ID = v_mgr_id

AND GROUP_ID = v_groupidmember;

EXCEPTION

WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN

CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS_INS_ID_SP (v_mgr_id, v_groupidmember, 1, v_ugid);

COMMIT;

END;

/* Then make the user a collab manager */

BEGIN

SELECT ID INTO v_dummy FROM CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS

WHERE USER_ID = v_mgr_id

AND GROUP_ID = v_groupidmanager;

EXCEPTION

WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN

CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS_INS_ID_SP (v_mgr_id, v_groupidmanager, 1, v_ugid);

COMMIT;

END;

/* Now give them rights to discussions */

BEGIN

SELECT ID INTO v_dummy FROM CMN_SEC_ASSGND_OBJ_PERM

WHERE PRINCIPAL_TYPE = 'USER'

AND PRINCIPAL_ID = v_mgr_id

AND OBJECT_ID = 401

AND PERMISSION_ID = 1

AND OBJECT_INSTANCE_ID = v_object_instance_id;

EXCEPTION

WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN

CMN_SEC_ASND_OBJ_PRM_INS_ID_SP ('USER', v_mgr_id, 401, 1, v_object_instance_id, 0, V_UGID);

COMMIT;

END;

/* ...And rights to document management */

CLB_DMS_MODIFY_FOLDER_PKG.ADD_NEW_PARTICIPANTS (1006, 1, v_folder_id, 200, v_mgr_id, 'USER', 4);

COMMIT;

RETURN 'success';
    END;

• 31.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 08:37 AM
    Dale,

I think that's a feature Clarity should have OOTB. I just makes sense. If you're going to be the manager of a project, Clarity should automatically make you a Collaboration Manager. It's saves a lot of admin time when a PM leaves or a promotion.

Garrett

• 32.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:42 AM
    Dale,

So what are you doing with the project creator? Does that resource remain a collaboration manager, or is he replaced by PM?

• 33.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:54 AM

nathan.arp wrote:

Dale,

So what are you doing with the project creator? Does that resource remain a collaboration manager, or is he replaced by PM?
    Nathan,

Today, its up to each group to decide what they want to do with the project creator. This may be a bit sloppy, but its an issue that doesn't register on our priority lists, today. Also, our plan is to migrate collaboration to Sharepoint and move our documents out of Clarity filestore.

If we didn't have the Sharepoint direction, I might suggest modifying the procedure called by the gel-script, to remove the project creator from the participant list.

Dale

• 34.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 13, 2013 06:32 PM
    Thanks for the tip Kevin! :grin:

• 35.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2013 08:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing this interesting Tips.

• 36.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 08:55 AM
    A good tip, Kevin. And a consideration for every site.
    I've often had to explain to some confused Clients that the Collaboration Documents are designed as a vault.
    That concept proved itself when a Client's project with an international Team contained a design for the iPhone 5.
    Today at a Ver.13 enterprise site where I contract, every project template includes the Admin as a Collaboration Manager,
    to ensure that someone in addition to the Project Manager can administer the Collaboration Documents.
    Thanks for the good advice, Kevin!
    Steve VanArsdale

• 37.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:38 AM
    I can't help but notice that this Tuesday Tip has had a lot of discussion. I know a lot of the tips lately have centered around CABI connection errors and things like that which seem to be most prevalent during install. I think it would definitely be good to have more tips like this which further discussion for all range of users, managers, implementers, etc...

• 38.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Apr 01, 2013 02:03 PM
    Here is a SQL Server stored procedure which will make the current project manager, the collaboration manager on the project. I believe this was originally coded for Oracle by Niku Prof. Services. If any of you happens to refactor the code, please publish it for the benefit of the community.

Important : Run and verify on a test environment before doing it in production.

Usage :
    0. Create the stored procedure OPTUS_MAKE_COLLAB_MANAGER_SP (see complete code below)
    1. Create a new table called ch_temp_sp_proj with a column named project_code - datatype - nvarchar, length - 100
    2. insert project_code into the table.

(e.g)

insert into ch_temp_sp_proj (project_code) values
    ('200700001118')

3. execute the following sql.

begin
    declare @v_ugid NUMERIC
    exec OPTUS_MAKE_COLLAB_MANAGER_SP @v_ugid out
    end

---- Stored procedure code ----

create PROCEDURE [niku].[OPTUS_MAKE_COLLAB_MANAGER_SP] (@v_ugid NUMERIC OUT
    )

AS

-- -------------------------------------------------------- */
    -- XOG, when loading new projects, does not make the stated
    -- project manager also the collaboration manager. This
    -- script fixes that.
    --
    -- 7/10/2004 Steve Vong
    -- 21/10/2004 Schedule job parameters added
    -- 1/10/2005 Chummar Maly - SQLServer Port
    -- -------------------------------------------------------- */

DECLARE PROJLISTCRSR CURSOR FOR
    SELECT P2.PRID, P2.MANAGER_ID
    FROM PRJ_PROJECTS P2,
    SRM_PROJECTS P1
    WHERE P1.ID = P2.PRID
    AND p1.unique_name

in (select project_code

from ch_temp_sp_proj

)

DECLARE
    @v_groupid NUMERIC,
    @v_groupcd VARCHAR(40),
    @v_dummy NUMERIC,

@v_managerid
    NUMERIC,

@v_projectid
    NUMERIC

-- AND TO_CHAR(CREATED_DATE,'YYYYMMDD') = TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'YYYYMMDD'); /* Only today's new projects */

CLOSE PROJLISTCRSR
    OPEN PROJLISTCRSR
    FETCH NEXT FROM PROJLISTCRSR INTO @v_projectid,

@v_managerid

WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS=0

BEGIN

/* First make the user a participant */
    SELECT @v_groupcd = 'CLB_PROJECT_MEMBERS'+rtrim(ltrim(str(@v_projectid))) FROM DUAL

SELECT @v_groupid = ID
    FROM CMN_SEC_GROUPS
    WHERE GROUP_CODE = @v_groupcd

PRINT 'Group ID '+str(@v_groupid)

IF NOT EXISTS (
    SELECT ID FROM CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS
    WHERE USER_ID = @v_managerid
    AND GROUP_ID = @v_groupid )
    BEGIN
    IF @v_managerid IS NOT NULL

BEGIN
    EXEC CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS_INS_ID_SP @v_managerid, @v_groupid, 1, @v_ugid OUT
    END
    END

/* Now make the user a project manager */
    SELECT @v_groupcd='CLB_PROJECT_MANAGERS'+rtrim(ltrim(str(@v_projectid))) FROM DUAL;

SELECT @v_groupid = ID
    FROM CMN_SEC_GROUPS
    WHERE GROUP_CODE = @v_groupcd

IF NOT EXISTS (
    SELECT ID FROM CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS
    WHERE USER_ID = @v_managerid
    AND GROUP_ID = @v_groupid )
    BEGIN
    IF @v_managerid IS NOT NULL

BEGIN
    EXEC CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS_INS_ID_SP @v_managerid, @v_groupid, 1, @v_ugid OUT
    END
    END
    FETCH NEXT FROM PROJLISTCRSR INTO @v_projectid,

@v_managerid

END

CLOSE PROJLISTCRSR

GO

• 39.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Apr 01, 2013 03:03 PM
    Is there any experience with upgrades after using this.

Martti K.

• 40.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Collaboration Managers - Have Multiple!

Posted Jan 30, 2019 05:12 AM

Thank you for Sharing.