IT Process Automation

• 1.  Increasing the Dataset Variable Default Size

Posted Mar 14, 2013 12:43 AM
    Hi,

We are running a CA PAM 3.1 SP1 system on Windows Server 2008.
    I've run into an issue where I have to send Base64 encoded data to an exposed WebService as part of a SOAP message.
    Basically, the dataset variable I'm reading the data into only accepts 1024kb of data and truncates the rest. Is there any way I can increase this?

Regards,

Kevin.

• 2.  Moving thread.

Posted Mar 14, 2013 10:45 AM
    Hello:
    I am moving this thread to the General Discussion where questions are asked and answered.
    Mary

• 3.  RE: Increasing the Dataset Variable Default Size

Posted Jun 12, 2013 03:16 AM
    The 1MB limit on datasets is a design limitation of CA process Automation, I think. If you let datasets (via things like attachments) get much larger then the requirement to store every element of the process transaction could quickly cause massive database blowouts.

That being said, I work with partners who have asked what the solution is for things like large attachments, then, with Process Automation. This thread seems to have a SOAP suggestion though it's not clear whether anyone has implemenetd it. Has anyone else achieved this sort of setup?

• 4.  RE: Increasing the Dataset Variable Default Size

Posted Jun 12, 2013 06:51 PM
    Hi Tim,

Thank you for your comment. I have tried several suggestions put forward by the resource assigned to my case, however, they have proven to be unsuccessful. Even constructing the data outside of PA then using the file as an input to the PA SOAP operator casues PA to experience (to put it politely) performance challenges.

Regards,

Kevin.