Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2013 01:04 PM
    Hello Community,

This is our 100th Thread !!!

When should you use the 'Publish' button?

When you are updating an Object List View or Filter View, the 'Publish' button will push out changes to end-users.
    If you are working on these changes and your login does not have personalizations to the List View, you will see the changes immediately.
    If you already have personalizations on the List View, using the 'Publish' button will remove personalizations for all end-users.
    There is an option to publish only one view at a time, by going into Administration > Views - select/check the desired view and click 'Publish' button. This will allow the Clarity Administrator the flexibility to only publish (remove personalizations) on only one view within the Object.

If you are only modifying a 'property' page, such as a [Layout:Create] or [Layout:Edit], the 'Publish' button is not needed. Updates to property pages are immediate and do not require 'publishing' because end-users cannot create personalizations on these pages.

Also, 'Publish' is available for Portlets and works in the same manner. If the end-user does not already have personalizations on a portlet, the updates to the portlet are immediately observed. Using the 'Publish' button will cause the removal of the personalizations for all end-users.

Sincerely, Kathryn

• 2.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Mar 19, 2013 02:34 PM
    Thank you Kathryn, this is a perfect tip. I learned the hard way many of times in the past which is why I know now when to use the publish button.

Thanks
    Tammi

• 3.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:32 AM
    Thanks for sharing this useful tip !!! :happy:

Congrats for the 100th thread :happy:

NJ

• 4.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Mar 20, 2013 11:03 AM
    Great tip Kathryn and congratulations to you and the team on you 100th post! Great work!:grin:

• 5.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Mar 21, 2013 11:07 AM
    Are you coming up with publish for selected users/groups/OBS...not everyone likes or required to have changes pushed to them

• 6.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2013 11:08 AM
    Useful tip Kathryn, thanks
    100th post!, the road is long, congratulations to you and the team

• 7.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Mar 21, 2013 12:47 PM
    Thanks Kathryn!! Very timely for me.

• 8.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Sep 04, 2013 04:45 PM
    Does anything affect tabs?

• 9.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Sep 04, 2013 04:54 PM
    In the case of portlet pages, I've seen issues before when modifying a tab of an already deployed portlet page. If you don't click on publish the tab may not display the new content or may present errors. There's a couple of CLRT on this,

• 10.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Sep 04, 2013 05:05 PM
    BTW, I logged in with another credentials pallu03, you can contact me on this account or email me @ lpalacios@itroisolutions.com, we are here to help out :)

• 11.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - When to use the 'Publish' button

Posted Sep 05, 2013 01:09 PM
    not sure I understand your post.