AnsweredAssumed Answered

Convert an IDEA to a TASK in a PROCESS using OBJECT MAPPING.

Question asked by alikia on Mar 19, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 by steveva
Hi! I have been tasked to come up with a way to convert an IDEA to a TASK. My first thought was using a process.
ICreated a step in the process that uses a system action. This system action does a "Convert Object".

Before completing the process definition, I xogged in my test OBJECT MAPPING. The code is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_objectMapping.xsd">
<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="objectMapping" version="13.1.0.0248"/>
<objectMappings>
<objectMapping mappingCode="testmap" srcObjectCode="idea" destObjectCode="task">
<nls description="Map From Idea to Project" languageCode="de" name="testmap"/>
<nls description="Map From Idea to Project" languageCode="en" name="testmap"/>
<nls description="Map From Idea to Project" languageCode="es" name="testmap"/>
<nls description="Map From Idea to Project" languageCode="fr" name="testmap"/>
<nls description="Map From Idea to Project" languageCode="ja" name="testmap"/>
<nls description="Map From Idea to Project" languageCode="nl" name="testmap"/>
<attributeMappings>
<attributeMapping srcAttributeCode="name" destAttributeCode="prname"/>
</attributeMappings>
</objectMapping>
</objectMappings>
</NikuDataBus>

When i run the process on an existing IDEA, I get an error that says "missing project for task". This error makes sense when
I think about. Clearly I am missing a way to tell the system which PROJECT the TASK belongs to that I am converting the IDEA to.
When I create the object mapping, I am not understanding how to tell the IDEA which project to use put the TASK on. As anyone used
object mapping successfully? Has anyone tried it with converting an IDEA to a TASK?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
-Alikia

Outcomes