AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clarity Resource Requisitions

Question asked by RichardC on Mar 20, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 by navzjoshi00
I am currently investigating the Clarity Resource Requisition functionality and would be interested in getting in touch with an organisation that is using the functionality in their day to day operations.

A little bit of background

We are a global services organisation and currently operate a resourcing process which works as follows

1) PM adds a task to their project plan and assigns the resource role they require
2)RM searchs for resources that have that role and have availability over the requested period and number of hours and allocates one to the project
3)PM assigns the resource to their task in place of the role.

My testing with Resource requisitions to date indicate a good fit to our existing process with the advanatge that we would remove much of the emailing that goes on at the moment.

However, I have hit one fundemental problem that makes me wonder if I am missing something.

In the requisition process when the RM proposes a resource to fill a role , Clarity does not appear to soft book the resource for the duration that the RM is waiting for the PM to accept the proposal and book the resource or reject it. Consequently there is nothing to stop a double booking occuring.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is this standard functionality? A bug/feature? or am I missing something in terms of how the process is meant to operate?

Many Thanks

Outcomes