DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope 9.1.1.1 JAR File Saving Issue

Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:10 PM
    Has anyone experienced trouble with changes made via the workstation applying to the mgmt module JAR file(s)? I'm receiving the error message below when 1) trying to save changes to "MyMainMgmtModule" (the mgmt module listed in the error, which is under SuperDomain) and 2) trying to save changes to any non-SuperDomain mgmt modules. The error is always the same; listing MyMainMgmtModule. ALL other mgmt modules will update their respective JARs.

Error: 3/20/13 09:48:16.707 AM CDT [ERROR] [PO:main Mailman 5] [Manager.ManagementModule] an error occurred while saving: MyMainMgmtModule

Turning logging to DEBUG does not give more detail. The JAR does not appear to be corrupt. I created a new JAR, copied over the XML and references, and it also won’t save changes.

ANY thoughts, leads, etc. are welcome.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Introscope 9.1.1.1 JAR File Saving Issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:13 PM
    Sounds like you have a bad reference in the file somewhere.
    Do you see EM log entries other than the one you've shown us?

• 3.  RE: Introscope 9.1.1.1 JAR File Saving Issue

Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:22 PM
    Not at the time of save but I did see several of the below; which I hadn't noticed before. I'm thinking that is my problem.

3/20/13 09:36:43.414 AM CDT [ERROR] [main] [Manager.Image] The command could not be completed because "Logo2.jpg #9 #10" does not exist.

• 4.  RE: Introscope 9.1.1.1 JAR File Saving Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:31 PM
    That's what I meant about having a bad reference in your MM.

Did you get a popup message when you tried to save the MM?

• 5.  RE: Introscope 9.1.1.1 JAR File Saving Issue

Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:37 PM
    No not one popup error message and MANY changes we made. I was able to correct the bad references to dashboards and alerts. Thought I'd gotten all bad references. I'll work on what remains.

Thank you for the quick assistance!