IDMS

• 1.  IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 20, 2013 09:56 PM
    Have you ever wanted to know, for example, all the IDD Records changed in the last 30 days by a particular User or Group of Users? Maybe the same goes for Process Code?

These sorts of queries are very easily handled by SQL queries, which use SQL Views of the IDD network database - pictures of sample queries are provided below - and a link to a ZIP file that has everything you need to implement the queries is also provided. This includes a PPT presentation that explains the installation procedure and shows you the sorts of results that you should expect to see. [color=#0810f6]Please let me know if you have any problems with trying to use this little "package"![color] To access the ZIP file of SQL Views for IDD Reporting with SQL - just click here to download-->IDD Reporting with SQL Zip file<--

Happy SQL'ing - cheers - GaryC

• 2.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 20, 2013 11:11 PM
    Gary:

This does require that the IDMS site have the SQL Option is that Correct?

William M. Allen, Jr.

President/CEO

ARCH Consulting Associates, Ltd.

(704) 641-0296

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:02 PM
    To: mb.15281477.100562745@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Application Developer Issues] IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Have you ever wanted to know, for example, all the IDD Records changed in the last 30 days by a particular User or Group of Users? Maybe the same goes for Process Code?

These sorts of queries are very easily handled by SQL queries, which use SQL Views of the IDD network database - pictures of sample queries are provided below - and a link to a ZIP file that has everything you need to implement the queries is also provided.

To access a ZIP file of SQL Views for IDD Reporting with SQL - just click here for download-->IDD Reporting with SQL Zip file <https://communities.ca.com/documents/2230160/96b4b50d-c77c-41cf-b666-af44d7baf11f> <--
    Posted by:Gary_Cherlet
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.15281477.100562745@myca-email.ca.com
    http://communities.ca.com

• 3.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 20, 2013 11:29 PM
    Yes - that would be a prerequisite - cheers - GaryC

• 4.  RE: IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 22, 2013 09:47 AM
    Hello Gary,

I received IDDSQL.DISTRIB into my Mainframe but I couldn't find DBUTRX51 member to process with IDMSBCF.

The lib has the following members:

@XMICMDS
    GREG2DAM
    GREG2DAT
    GUT0104O
    GUT0121O
    MAPSQL
    PROCSQL
    PROGSQL
    RECDSQL
    SGEN
    SUBNTWK
    SUBSSQL
    TABLESQL
    USRSQL

Can you Help ?

• 5.  RE: IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 23, 2013 11:12 PM
    Working on this - I'm not at work but may be able to sort out for you - I have a sneaking suspicion the record is in th RECDSQL member - if it is just loading contents of that member with IDD will install this record -
    if it's not in that member I'll get the layout for you -
    take care - cheers - Gary
    [color=#061cb0]Updated Monday, March 25th, 2013
    Just for the record - I could not have been more wrong if I had tried - as the following post will atest - the install instructions were completely misleading!
    Sorry about that - cheers - GaryC[color]

• 6.  RE: IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 24, 2013 07:06 PM
      |   view attached
    Fadul, and others who may have stumbled over the same problem, I think that the slide that references member DBUTRX51 is from another "package". I have attached a picture of the slide that should be in the installation instructions - if you would be so good as to try these instructions out and let me know how you go I would be most appreciative. When all is well I will update the ZIP file so that anybody else who tries to use these SQL Views will not run into the same problem. Thanks for making me aware of this issue - and I hope that this fixes the problem. I have also include a text version of the revised instructions for those who only use the e-mail interface:
    [color=#030fbf][list]
    [*]Use OCF/BCF to create a relational Schema: create schema RSQLSHR; - or –
    [*]Modify members below to reference your own SQL Schema
    [*]Use IDMSBCF and the following PDS members to update the dictionary
    [list][*]GREG2DAM
    [*]GREG2DAT
    [*]MAPSQL
    [*]PROCSQL
    [*]PROCSQL3
    [*]PROGSQL
    [*]RECDSQL
    [*]SUBSSQL
    [*]TABLESQL
    [*]USRSQL[list]
    [list][color]
    One last point - the PDS members not only create the Views, they also test the Views - so you must[b] do the Sysgen and DC Cobol compiles first - the slides have been reordered in the PPT install instructions.

Take care - cheers - Gary

• 7.  RE: IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 25, 2013 12:07 PM
    I will try it.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

Posted Mar 27, 2013 08:53 AM
    Pretty easy to do in Culprit as well.

I do it every week, but without the User qualification, for programs, modules, records and elements. (Not an ADS/O shop, so no maps.) Just noticed I’m not getting subschemas, so I’ll have to fix it now.

Dick
    Richard Pierce
    richard.pierce@state.ma.us<mailto:richard.pierce@state.ma.us>
    Office (new) (857) 368-9898 Cell: (781) 983-0363
    www.mass.gov/massdot<http://www.mass.gov/massdot>

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:02 PM
    To: mb.15281477.100562745@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Application Developer Issues] IDD Reporting with IDMS/SQL

These sorts of queries are very easily handled by SQL queries, which use SQL Views of the IDD network database - pictures of sample queries are provided below - and a link to a ZIP file that has everything you need to implement the queries is also provided.

To access a ZIP file of SQL Views for IDD Reporting with SQL - just click here for download-->IDD Reporting with SQL Zip file<https://communities.ca.com/documents/2230160/96b4b50d-c77c-41cf-b666-af44d7baf11f><--
    Posted by:Gary_Cherlet
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.15281477.100562745@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.15281477.100562745@myca-email.ca.com>
    http://communities.ca.com

• 9.  IDD Reporting with SQL morphed to Culprit

Posted Mar 27, 2013 06:36 PM
    The new thread can be found at 100621769.

This discussion has become one about Culprit - and like the chefs in the cooking show - I have prepared and put to the side a "Culprit training" presentation, complete with Power Point, report examples, "homework" in the form of exercises with files you can upload to the mainframe.

You can find this on this IUA/EIUA Community portal - in the "Community Documents as Useful Things to Know About Culprit

I hope those with an interest in Culprit but are not too sure what it looks like will enjoy this presentation - cheers - GaryC :ph34r: The Culprit Ninja Warrior