Legacy User

Legacy UserApr 08, 2013 12:43 PM

Deactivated User

Deactivated UserNov 27, 2014 04:21 PM

• 1.  CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2013 12:36 PM
      |   view attached
    In version 12.x, the ability to prevent users from adding unassigned tasks was configured at the system level.
    In version 13.x, the functionality changed so that now it can be configured at the project level.

To use this new attribute, use the following Steps:
    1. Login as a Clarity Administrator
    2. Administration > Studio: Objects > Open the Project Object
    3. You can view the definition of the new attribute named 'Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks' from the Attributes list
    4. Go to Views tab and you can configure the attribute to appear on a property or list view page

• 2.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Mar 26, 2013 01:27 PM
    That has gradually crept into Clarity.
    There is also the right - Project - Edit Project Plan
    Allows user to add unplanned tasks to a specific Project when completing his or her timesheet if he or she is a team member on that Project.

in v12.1.1.1208
    there[b] is timesheet option Allow Assigned Tasks Only
    there is Right Project - Edit Project Plan
    Allows user to add unplanned tasks to a specific Project when completing his or her timesheet if he or she is a team member on that Project.
    There[b] is not project attribute named 'Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks'

in v12.1.3.1361 3 008
    there[b] is no timesheet option Allow Assigned Tasks Only
    there[b] is Right Project - Edit Project Plan
    There[b] is project attribute named 'Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks'

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2013 01:46 PM
    Hi Martti, Thank you for the additional details!

• 4.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Mar 26, 2013 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the tip Kathryn (and Martti for the additional info)! :grin:

• 5.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Mar 27, 2013 01:21 AM
    Thanks both for sharing this useful tip !!!

NJ

• 6.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2013 05:05 AM
    Thanks for the tip Kathryn and thanks Martti for the additional info.

• 7.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Mar 27, 2013 11:39 AM
    Hate to come back on this, but
    It appears that in
    v13.0 it is still the old functionality id global option and no project level field
    v13.1 it is no global option and project level field

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Apr 02, 2013 11:15 AM
    Agree with Martii. I am on 13.0 and this function, which I could really use, is not available at the project level. It's only available on the timesheet options. If I understand correctly this ability has returned in 13.1. Can someone validate that for me? Our next upgrade will be 13.2 so I'm going to assume I'll have this ability once we get there, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Kind of mystifying that CA would provide the "prevent unassigned tasks on timesheets" in a 12.1 fix pack only to remove it in a later version. If anyone can tell me why I'd love to know.

Tim McGoey

• 9.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Apr 02, 2013 12:29 PM
    But the instance right

Project - Edit Project Plan

is there in v13.0

Have you tired if that works and does the same?

Martti K.

• 10.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Apr 02, 2013 03:28 PM
    It was due to the timing of when 13.0 was rolled out... I have provided details to Tim on his ticket :)

Unplanned tasks, and unassigned tasks are different though.

Unplanned tasks would be brand new tasks that get created onto the project once the user creates them via timesheet's 'Add Task' action; Unassigned tasks would be tasks that already exist on the project, but the time tracker not being already assigned to them.

• 11.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Apr 02, 2013 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the clarification in the Clarity perspective.
    Unplanned tasks, and unassigned tasks are different though.
    For a non-English speaking team member both appear unplanned.

Martti K.

• 12.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Apr 03, 2013 04:44 PM
    Just to recap this is how Edit Project Plan right works:
    It allows you to add tasks to the projects where you are a team member.
    You do it by clicking the Create Task button

Martti K.

• 13.  Getting to the bottom of it Part 4

Posted Apr 04, 2013 08:11 AM
    This is from v.12.1 SP 3

The first image is a timesheet when there are no assignments.
    The project attribute Prevent unassigned timesheet tasks is No
    The user has instance Project - Edit project plan right which allows to add new tasks.to a project where the resource is a team member.
    The resource has to be a team member otherwise this right would mean booking right.

Clicking Add task opens the task list of the project.
    Because the user has that Edit project plan the Create button is added to the button bar at this stage.

If the project attribute Prevent unassigned timesheet tasks is set to Yes no tasks are displayed, but the create button is still there.

Martti K.

• 14.  Getting to the bottom of it Part 5

Posted Apr 04, 2013 08:58 AM
      |   view attached
    If the user does not have the Project - Edit project plan right, the Create Task button is not there when the user click the Add Task button on the timesheet.
    If the user is a team member in projects, but not assigned to any task and the project attribute Prevent Unassigned Tasks on Timesheets is set to Yes/True on all of those projects,
    no projects nor tasks are displayed after clicking the Add Task.

Martti K.

• 15.  RE: Getting to the bottom of it Part 5

Posted Apr 05, 2013 01:35 AM
    Martti, Thanks for adding up the useful info !!! :wacko:

NJ

• 16.  Getting to the bottom of it Part 6

Posted Apr 07, 2013 04:36 PM
      |   view attached
    Summary

• 17.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Aug 29, 2014 03:17 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/100702032-48006/UNASSINGED%20AND%20UNPLANNED%20TASKS%20ON%20TIMESHEETS%20IN%20CLATIY%20VERSIONS%2012.1%20%2013.1.JPG

• 18.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Nov 27, 2014 03:05 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/100683524-47621/No_Edit_project_plan_right1213.JPG

• 19.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Nov 27, 2014 04:27 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/100682530-47620/Timesheet_noassingments_1213.JPG

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/100682530-47619/Add_task_prevent_unassigned_1213.JPG

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/100682530-47618/Add_task_allow_unassigned_1213.JPG

• 20.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Apr 08, 2013 12:43 PM
    [size=5]CLRT-555555[size]

• 21.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Aug 19, 2014 05:39 AM

Hello All,

Sorry to recall the issue. I'm still facing a problem in Version 13.2 even after enabling the "Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks" attribute.

I have checked the "Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks" attribute and i made it Default value too.

But still users are able to see the task and add it in their time sheets.

When user clicks on ADD TASK button there is an drop down "Show Task" in which he will be able to filter the "ALL, ASSIGNED and NOT ASSIGNED" tasks and able to add the to his time sheet.

Could you please suggest me what else we can do in this regard.

Regards

Syed

• 22.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Aug 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Are there some inherent rights that could cause this?  Maybe that person is the PM of the project and therefore can add all tasks to their timesheet from that particular project?

• 23.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Aug 24, 2014 04:21 PM

In a single test in v13.3 it worked as designed for me.

See this

http://www.nbl.fi/that_man/Clarity/TESTING%20UNASSIGNED%20TASKS%20IN%20V133.pdf

Did I miss something?

P.S: So you can't attach docs to threads anymore?

• 24.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Aug 24, 2014 04:25 PM

• 25.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Aug 29, 2014 03:15 PM

If it is a project level attribute you can always easily check the value

• 26.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Nov 27, 2014 04:20 PM
      |   view attached

Here is the doc

Attachment(s)

• 27.  Re: RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Nov 27, 2014 04:21 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/100609987-47371/PreventUnassignedTasks.JPG

• 28.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Prevent Users From Adding Unassigned Tasks

Posted Dec 26, 2014 04:11 PM

FOOTNOTE

Picking up from another recent thread clarification to the unassigned: Unassigned in the context of tasks on timesheets is limited only to the tasks in the projects where the resources is booked or allocated, but which are not yet assigned to the resource.