AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clarity v12 to Open Workbench data discrepancy

Question asked by Alex_Feldstein on Mar 28, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 by another_martink
A couple of PMs in our organization notices some of the data posted from Clarity timesheets was incorrect. For example, a view was showing 22 hours for one task on one day. Obviously it caught the guy's attention.

I checked in Clarity (I'm not a PM and do not use OWB), and saw that the Clarity data is fine and the time posted was only a few hours, not 22. The same happened with a couple of other resources in that project.

I suspect either the connector to OWB or the view or some math being wrong in OWB as OWB does not hold data but reads/writes from Clarity.

I have compiled a little DOC with detailed explanation and screenshots to illustrate the problem.

At the moment I suspect the allocation used for these resources and think that maybe OWB does the wrong math based on that. This is iffy as over-allocation would in my view affect ETCs but not actuals, yet here we are talking about actuals.

If somebody familiar with OpenWork Bench (I do not really use it at all as I am just the data and dev guy behind the scenes), could look at these screenshots and give me a clue, I would very much appreciate it.

(File: OWB_issue.docx attached)

Alex

Attachments

Outcomes