AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about Linking and Best Practices

Question asked by twhite23 on Mar 29, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2013 by prasad.t
I apologize for the amount of questions I may have during the coming weeks, as I am going through a long list of requirements for my organizationgs instance of clarity.

What I need to do, I am pretty sure can be done, I am just not sure about the best way to do it.

I need to create a static lookup of a list of team leaders. Linked to this look up, should be all the relevant contact information such as company name, phone number, fax, and email. The requirement request that this information be automatically populated into the system, reducing the amount of user input and minimizing error. At some point, I am also going to have to create a report that generates a display of the information as shown below.

My question is, what is the best way to input these data fields and have them all linked together? The user must be able to just select the project lead's name from a lookup, and the rest of the information is to be automatically populated. It is my job to get these things into the system. Can I create multiple lookups containing the data and link a lookup value to another lookup value? This was my first idea, but I do not see that functionality. My next idea was to create an object containing all the data. The problem I see here is how to get it to auto-populate. With the object I believe that users would still have to hand-jam, or be expect to select (or even know) the correct inputs.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

Outcomes