AnsweredAssumed Answered

Smartstor tools

Question asked by Karthik Nalliyappan on Apr 2, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by jakbutler
Hi,

I have a question regarding smarstor tools. There is a historical metric explosion in our EM's and I am thinking to remove unnecessary agents and excess metrics which are not required. I had gone through
"Using SmartStor tools to tune SmartStor data" in configuration and administration guide. When I was reading about usage of remove_metrics and remove_agents, it says like below.

<EM_Home>\tools\SmartStorTools.bat remove_metrics –dest C:\SWDump\destination -metrics ".*Socket.*" -src <EM_Home>\data
When the command executes successfully, all the metrics except the socket metrics are present in the destination directory and the source directory has all the metrics intact.

As per my understanding, it is removing and storing metrics without socket metrics in destination directory. But source directory will have all the metrics. This looks like it's not deleting the metrics permanantly from source directory. It's storing the metrics without socket metrics(as per above example) in destination directory and source directory will have all.

For your better understanding, We use two collectors which are reporting to MOM. I did n't see any destination directory and we don't have any destination EM's. Can you explain me clearly about these tools?

Thanks,
Karthik

Outcomes