DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  New CEM Server install - Standalone - Missing Tabs

Posted Apr 23, 2013 07:46 AM
    Hi,

I have been presented with a newly installed CEM Server v9.1.1, standalone running on Windows 2008, with Postgres database.

When I've come to look at the configuration on the usual CEM web screens, there are a number of tabs missing from the Setup area in particular.
    Specifically - Domain, Web Server Filters, Incident Settings, HTTPS Settings and Plug-ins are NOT there. Only Monitors and Services are present.

I've talked to the Engineer who followed a build script to get the CEM server up and they say there were no build errors at all.
    I've taken a quick look at the Postgres db via PGAdmin III and the only thing I see there that is any different to standard CA documentation is the collation is UK and not US.

Any ideas anyone?

Bob
    Fujitsu UK.

• 2.  RE: New CEM Server install - Standalone - Missing Tabs

Posted Apr 23, 2013 09:07 AM
    Hello Bob,

Could the missing tabs indicate a permissions issue with the user account you are signing in on? I would check the /wilyroot/config/users.xml file to make sure the account is identified as a CEM configuration and system administrator

Hope this helps,
    Dan

• 3.  RE: New CEM Server install - Standalone - Missing Tabs

Posted Apr 23, 2013 09:31 AM
    Actually it looks like the CEM install/configuration performed by the Engineer did not complete properly.
    The missing tabs were resolved by going into the Postgres database and checking the ts_settings table.
    The value 'upgradeToTimMonitoring' was set to false. I manually set that to true and restarted the CEM service.

After that the tabs appeared in the CEM Admin/Setup web view as expected.

Now I just have a new problem, that I'll file a new posting for...

• 4.  RE: New CEM Server install - Standalone - Missing Tabs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2013 10:15 AM
    The reason you were missing the tabs is because you did not have a TIM associated in your CEM configuration. This is by design.

As soon as you associate a TIM, then the tabs appear. You should not be editing the tables to enable the features.

• 5.  RE: New CEM Server install - Standalone - Missing Tabs

Posted Apr 23, 2013 10:53 AM
    So to enable the tabs - a TIM needs to have an entry in the Setup AND be enabled?

This explains why I didn't get the tabs - thanks.

However I already created a new message board thread because I can't get my TIM to enable. Might have to revisit the engineers work in setting up the TIM or check the network/firewall and ports.

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: New CEM Server install - Standalone - Missing Tabs

Posted Oct 06, 2013 04:40 PM
    Bob,

In order to enable the TIMs, simply define the TIMs IPs in the "monitors" and see whether you are able to access the "get report" from there. If you not seeing the page for TIM status (that you normally would be see from a TIM console", then your CEM is not communicating with TIMs yet. It has to be discussed with an etwork engineer in your organization.

Regards,
    David