On April 26th SiteMinder 12.51 went GA.
General Availability Announcement for
- CA SiteMinder 12.51,
- CA SiteMinder Federation 12.51,
- CA SiteMinder Web Services Security 12.51,
- CA SiteMinder Secure Proxy Server 12.51, and
- CA SiteMinder Agent for JBoss 12.51
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce the 12.51 versions of the above-listed components are now available.
New features and benefits delivered in these 12.51 components include:
- Support for OAuth 2.0 as a SiteMinder authentication scheme for frictionless single sign-on (SSO) from social media sites such as Facebook and Google
- REST and SOAP-based Web service interfaces to SiteMinder authentication and authorization services provide increased flexibility and enable rapid time to deployment for your business critical applications while driving down the cost of ownership.
- “Agentless” SSO through the use of Open Format Cookies which allow applications to simply use standard Java or Active Server Pages to decode a user’s encrypted identity
- Browser-based SSO to Microsoft Office365 via WS-Federation 1.2
- Expansion of standardized internationalization enabling localization for improved ease of use across geographies
- Enhanced administration usability features
- Integrated installation of Policy Server and Administrative UI for Web SSO, identity federation, and Web services security
- …and more.
Additionally, with the 12.51 release, all customers under valid maintenance contracts are entitled to, at no additional charge, the use of the 12.51 version of the software for five federated partnerships, five protected web services, and unlimited use of the Secure Proxy Server.
We encourage you to visit the CA SiteMinder product information pages on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com/ for more information about capabilities in the 12.51 components and about which features are delivered in which component.
You can download your copy of these 12.51 components from CA Support Online https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit http://www.ca.com/services.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/.
Thank you again for your business.