Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

• 1.  MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:18 AM
    We have attempted to connect MS Project 2010 to Clarity V. 13 on a new laptop running Windows 7. It does not complete.

I get to the last step of opening the MSPadd2k.mpp file and it goes to the blue box on the screen. I have seen this before usually pointing to the java version not being correct however on this laptop the java version is correct.

Has anyone attempted to make this connection on Windows 7 and gotten past the blue box? We did not get the question about the macro when opening it either. Any suggestions to get this connected?
    Thanks,
    Joan

• 2.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 11:10 AM
    Did you follow
    TEC553476 Clarity connector for MSP2010 installation instructions update?

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 11:12 AM
    Hi,

Open MSPadd2k.mpp is not required when MSP is 2010, in previous versions as 2007, this if was required.

I suggest to read Release Notes of your Clarity version and to know if all requirement are supported:

1 - OS
    2 - Java version (only 32 bits)
    3 - MSP (only 32 bits)

Regards,

Nico

• 4.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 11:17 AM
    Meeting the requirements don't help if you don't follow the instructions.

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 12:53 PM
    Joan,

The following are the prereqs that need to be installed on the workstation prior to installing the MSP Interface against MSP 2010:

MSProject2010 patch

Office-kb2075992-fullfile-x86-glb.exe (or Office-kb2075992-fullfile-x64-glb.exe)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2075992

.NetFrameWork

Version 4.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7&displaylang=en

Visual Studio Tools for Office runtime

Vstor40_x86.exe (If your Windows is x86) / Vstor40_x64.exe (If your Windows is x64) http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35594
    As Nico has already stated, you must have the correct 32 bit version of Java installed and MSP itself should be 32 bit.

We are also reccomending that you have SP1 for MSP 2010 installed to take advantage of Microsoft specific bug fixes.

The reason that the action of double clicking on the MSPadd2k.mpp is not required for MSP 2010, is that is now bundled with CAClarityAddin install piece of the interface that creates the CA Clarity PPM Integration Tab in MSP to bring our interface in line with the MSP 2010 look and feel.

If this is not enough information to get you going on this system, please open a support ticket at support.ca.com

Regards,
    Jenn

- Adfyd a ddwg wybodaeth, a gwybodaeth ddoethineb

Jenn Rinella
    Principal Support Engineer
    Member, Council for Technical Excellence

CA Technologies | 5465 Legacy Drive Suite 700 | Plano, TX 75024-3106
    Office: +1 888-550-6458 | Jenn.Rinella@ca.com

• 6.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 02:19 PM
    Jenn,

Thanks for reposting this information.!

• 7.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 02:50 PM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback.

So, I went through the Project Management guide for V. 13, specifically pages 214 to 220 where it refers to all of the items you all mentioned. I confirmed or installed all of the required items including the MS Project SP1. Unfortunately, my MS Project interface does not have the Add in tab for the Clarity integration although it is listed as being installed in the Programs area of the computer.

I have this working on 21 of 22 PM's laptops. However, this last laptop is the first Windows 7, which prompted me to ask if anyone is using Windows 7 and got this to work with the regular instructions? We have followed the instructions 3 times without success. I'll open a ticket unless I hear from someone who knows how to get this working on MS Project 2010 on Windows 7. Everything is 32 bit.

Thanks All.

• 8.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 02:56 PM
    When you say
    my MS Project interface does not have the Add in tab for the Clarity integration
    See
    For MSP 2010, there is only the ribbon menu to comply with the Office 2010 look and feel.
    (Jenn Rinella in )

Martti K.

• 9.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 02:58 PM
    Joan,

We have many customers using this with MSP 2010 on a Windows 7 system.

You are probably running into an issue with the user on the Windows 7 not having enough access to the core system.

They should be an admin level user over the workstation - they do not need to be a domain admin.

Regards,
    Jenn

- Adfyd a ddwg wybodaeth, a gwybodaeth ddoethineb

Jenn Rinella
    Principal Support Engineer
    Member, Council for Technical Excellence

CA Technologies | 5465 Legacy Drive Suite 700 | Plano, TX 75024-3106
    Office: +1 888-550-6458 | Jenn.Rinella@ca.com

• 10.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Apr 30, 2013 03:30 PM
    Thank you for confirming you are on Windows 7 and MS Project 2010 and it is working.

I'll have to check the user not having access to the core system on their laptop. thanks.

• 11.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted May 02, 2013 02:10 AM
    If you are still struggling with it see
    fro how to do a clean re-install of the interface with MS Project 2007

Martti K.

• 12.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted May 07, 2013 03:36 PM
    Just as a final follow up. We checked each install and everything was correct. We ran the repair on the connector and it worked. I have no idea why it worked on the 5th try but it did.

• 13.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted May 07, 2013 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the update.

It ain't done until it is done.

So the the instructions were OK and no problem there.

Martti K.

• 14.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted May 07, 2013 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the update.

It ain't done until it is done.

So the the instructions were OK and no problem there.

Martti K.

• 15.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Jun 25, 2013 12:10 PM
    So, in our case, it wasn't done. . .

We followed the instructions that were provided in the Doc.

We set up several computers ensuring we had all the latest software and updates installed as described by Jen in her previous post. We also have Admin rights over the machines.

After several tries - uninstalling, reinstalling, running the repair and modify on the schedule connect time and again, we got it to work on one machine. Didn't know how it happend, it just did all of a sudden - or so we thought.

What we did determine is that the new CACLARITYADDIN in the Microsoft Project Interface folder was not automatically running. When we went and manually ran the install for that piece, we had no further issues.

Now, it's done!

Hope this helps.

Ruthann

• 16.  RE: MS Project Integration with Clarity on Windows 7

Posted Jun 26, 2013 06:12 AM
      |   view attached
    We had an issue with windows 7 installs a while back, we just had to append the path variable in the Environment Variables.
    I have attached the instructions.

We solved this for all users by rolling a reg patch along with the clarity interface package.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

Hope this helps someone!