AnsweredAssumed Answered

TIM and HTTPS - Getting Cert Errors and No data

Question asked by Bob_Lomax_UK on May 20, 2013
Latest reply on May 22, 2013 by Bob_Lomax_UK
Hi all,

APM 9.1.1 CEM only installation. Standalone TIM

My new app I need to monitor in a UAT test environment is all https based. I requested a private key certificate for the web server involved and have now implemented that .pem cert I was given via the CEM console.

Testers have performed actions and I get no data in via the TIM. I see the traffic on the monitored Eth1 interface increase as the testers key stuff in and the TIMs own stats back that up. Still no data coming in, the TIM logs are pretty much empty and and a very open transaction discovery gets absolutely nothing.

However I do see TIM SSL Server stats showing errors:- Total Connections 226, Connections with decode failures 226.
So this seems to tell me that my private key file I've been given and installed isn't working - correct?

Could this be a number of things? Wrong web/app server IP address used? Wrong .pem file format? Incorrect or failed to input password/passphrase for the cert?

Or am I on the wrong track and could this still be an incorrectly setup or configured TIM/SPAN port?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Bob.
Fujitsu UK.

Outcomes