AnsweredAssumed Answered

Urgent:  Need a Audit for Clarity Application SSL Configuration

Question asked by mscann on May 23, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 by mscann
All,

I have a situation where as I need to turn on some sort of Audit trail to determine why my Clarity environment is not going to the encrypted Port specified in the NSA Security Configurations. In essense, we have "hard-coded" the configuration to point to a specific encrypted LDAP Domain server port and it is going to an unencrypted port anyway.

The enterprise is set up to use an alias and then LDAP is "load-balanced" but we are the only application that has an issue with this set-up. So it looks like the work around was to hard - code to a specific Domain Server. However, the Certificate was just updated and then Users encountered the authentication errror and couldn't log in. Other Applications on this server are reaching the correct port. the Certificates are generated internally and are valid. The Clarity App logs has this error " caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

The previous Admin has installed several instances of the .keystore files and it has been appearing that we were running as SSL - but in all actuallity we weren't. I could reinstall everything again by Default - the .keystore instance, etc. but based on what I'm seeing (historical logs, etc.) This didn't work in the past. So, I need to get to the root cause before.

I've engaged CA and they have been working on helping with the analysis and are also looking into ways to Audit. However, I wanted to reach out to this forum to maybe get other alternatives/Ideas as we are on an unsupported v12.0.4. and it's urgernt that we get back working.

Any ideas on how to do so?

Outcomes