AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I create an "Action" that can be used in Query LInk?

Question asked by EricRod on May 30, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2013 by jediknight
As an exercise, I'm trying to duplicate the functionality of the Schedule Performance Portlet that comes standard in my version of Clarity. I find this portlet under Home, General, then select the PM Alerts Tab.

The "Schedule Performance" Portlet is a Bar Graph and it allows you to click on the bar to take you to another lower level Portlet called "Schedule Performance Details". I can see how within the query for the "Schedule Performance" portlet, they setup a link to the "Schedule Performance Drill Down", and then within the "Schedule Performance" Portlet you can choose the link.

I was able to create my own version of the "Schedule Performance" Portlet, and the "Schedule Performance Drill Down" Portlet, but I'm not able to create the link between them. My main problem is that I don't know how to make my "Schedule Performance Drill Down" Portlet be listed as an "Action" when I try to create a new Link in my query.

I tried to publish to see if that would work, but it didn't show up in the "Action" drop down list. It may be that I just don't understand the concept of the "Action".

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Eric Rodriguez

Outcomes