Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which table

• 1.  Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which table

Posted Jun 17, 2013 05:36 AM
    Hi,

In CA-Clarity 13.1 version, In Project Financials -- Budget Plans(Current) we have the attribute 'Actual' which is displaying the Total actuals posted to that Project.
    I am not able to find the corresponding Database Table or Column for this perticular attribute.

Can any one of you please help me on this, which databse column it belongs to or else do we need to calculate this by using any formula?, if thats the case how to calculate ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Naveen Kumar Challagulla
    +918143805905

• 2.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 17, 2013 07:12 AM
    Hi Naveen,

You need to look at the timeslices for getting the individual actuals value from budget plan.

Dipanjan

• 3.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 17, 2013 09:02 AM
    Hi Dipanjan,

Thanks for your valuable replay, I tried it but i am able to found the slices but those slice value is not matching with actual value which is showing in the App(CA clarity front end).
    Do i need to do any conversions for that? i tried with EUro to Doller it did not worked.

Can you clarify me on this.

Thanks & Regards
    Naveen Kumar

• 4.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 17, 2013 11:16 AM
    Hi Naveen,

if your "Actual" fields displays days or hours and not money, then check the INV_INVESTMENTS.labor_actsum field.
    There is a virtual "actuals" project field which you will not find in the database and gets on demand computed from the INV_INVESTMENTS.labor_actsum field with something like this:
    (NVL(INV_INVESTMENTS.labor_actsum,0)/3600)/(select hours_per_day from prj_hours_per_day_v)

It may be what you are looking for.

Kind regards,

Sergiu Gavrila

• 5.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 17, 2013 04:04 PM
    In v12.x for cost plans the actuals were coming from WIP.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 18, 2013 01:30 AM
    Hi Sergiu,

Thanks for your helpful reply, Actually our required filed is of type Money. So can you suggest me the formula in case if it is virtual
    Otherewise if there is any timeslice related to it can you suggest me the name of time slice.

Thanks & Regards
    Naveen Kumar

• 7.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 18, 2013 03:55 AM
    Hi Naveen,

if it a Money fields than, like Martti, said, the actual costs are coming from WIP.

I would directly query the WIP for the actual cost (no new slices). Use somethink like the following query:

select SUM(WV.TOTALCOST) totalcost FROM PPA_WIP W
    INNER JOIN PPA_WIP_VALUES WV ON W.TRANSNO = WV.TRANSNO AND WV.CURRENCY_TYPE = 'HOME' --home currency!
    WHERE W.STATUS = 0
    AND W.TRANSTYPE = 'L' --only labor, remove to get all costs
    AND W.INVESTMENT_ID = ? ---your project id

If you could post the attribute id for the your field than I may be able to give a better guess. Just to make sure is not a renamed Earned Value field (like Actual Cost of Work Performed).

BUT, for virtual fields in general, in your Clarity HOME directory, search for the following file: META-INF\projmgr\omd\project.xml . You can take a look inside and search for your project attribute id. For stock field you may get some informations how clarity computes the field, like the formula I posted yesterday.

Kind regards,

Sergiu Gavrila

• 8.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 18, 2013 07:47 AM
    Hi Sergiu
    Thank you so much for your Valuable reply,
    For some projects above written query is working fine but for some projects it is giving more than required actuals.

I just want to know that in our senario we not only have the transactions of resource type, we can have the other type of transactions also. I think we need some more constraints on above query.
    Indeed i am not able to find the attribute for that actual field.

I jus want to give you the scenario of our case so that you can understand more clearly. Scenario is ' In projectProperties-->Financial Plans--->Budget Plan--->Actual , In the project Current budget plan we can have the posted transactions for different type like charge codes,labor resources, expense type resources etc in month wise, i need the sum of all those actuals.'

Your query is giving me the actuals for only few projects if TrnsType is 'L' if we take all the transactions it is exceeding the required actuals'

I think you undestnd the scenario. Please correct me if any thing written wrong.

Can you help on this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Naveen

• 9.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2013 12:39 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi Naveen,

the difference is probably because the actuals displayed in the budget plan are only for time the budget plan covers, between the period start and period end.
    I have ajusted the query to sum the WIP total cost for a project, but only for the time covered by the current budget plan (IS_PLAN_OF_RECORD = 1). Let me know if it works.

select SUM(WV.TOTALCOST) totalcost
    FROM PPA_WIP W
    INNER JOIN PPA_WIP_VALUES WV ON W.TRANSNO = WV.TRANSNO AND WV.CURRENCY_TYPE = 'HOME'
    INNER JOIN INV_INVESTMENTS II ON W.INVESTMENT_ID = II.ID
    INNER JOIN FIN_PLANS FP ON FP.PLAN_TYPE_CODE = 'BUDGET' AND FP.OBJECT_ID = II.ID AND FP.IS_PLAN_OF_RECORD = 1
    INNER JOIN BIZ_COM_PERIODS SP ON FP.START_PERIOD_ID = SP.ID
    INNER JOIN BIZ_COM_PERIODS EP ON FP.END_PERIOD_ID = EP.ID
    WHERE W.STATUS = 0
    AND W.INVESTMENT_ID = 5006057--!!!!change for your project id
    AND W.TRANSDATE >= SP.START_DATE
    AND W.TRANSDATE < EP.END_DATE

I have added a screenshot with the field (yellow marked) my query computes. Does this matches your scenario?

Kind regards,

Sergiu Gavrila

• 10.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 19, 2013 01:04 AM
    Hi Sergiu ,

Thank You So much for your Solution, It's Brillient, It is absolutly working fine for our Scenario. It is the same scenario which you have given in the screen shot.

Thank you once again -_-

Regards,
    Naveen Kumar

• 11.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Jun 18, 2013 03:15 AM
    In CA-Clarity 13.1 version, In Project Financials -- Budget Plans(Current) we have the attribute 'Actual' which is displaying the Total actuals posted to that Project.
    I am not able to find the corresponding Database Table or Column for this perticular attribute.

Database Table
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS

Database Column
    COST_ACTUAL

Displays the aggregated actual cost for a given fiscal period calculated as Actual Units * Cost.

• 12.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Aug 21, 2013 06:43 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know that for any Budget of a project(Current record) which table stores just the Planned data and not the Actuals.We want to show that planned data in our report.

• 13.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Aug 21, 2013 07:45 AM
    See the Tech Ref ERD diagram for financial planning.
    FIN:PLANS and FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS
    The time scaled data is in ODF_SL_ tables see
    TEC440023
    Tech Document
    Title: 98931 - Documentation : Technical Reference Guide - missing complete documentation for ODF_SL and ODF_SSL tables and missing some columns for the FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS table (Niku KB ID: 8702)

Martti K.

• 14.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Aug 22, 2013 02:14 AM
    Hi Martti,

Thanks for your response.Could you please let me know where I can find teh documents for reference as mentioned by you?

Regards,
    Purvi srivastava

• 15.  RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Aug 22, 2013 02:30 AM
    Components:CLARITY ON DEMAND FINANCIALS, TIME & DATA MANAGEMENT: 13.0, 12.0, 12.1, 13.1
    CLARITY PPM FINANCIALS, TIME & DATA MANAGEMENT: 12.0.1, 12.0.2, 12.0, 12.0.5, 12.1.3, 12.0.4, 12.1.2, 12.0.3, 13.1, 13.0, 12.0.6, 13.0.1, 12.1.1

Last Date: 06/14/2012
    Document ID: TEC440023
    Tech Document
    Title: Clarity: Documentation : Technical Reference Guide - missing complete documentation for ODF_SL and ODF_SSL tables and missing some columns for the FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS table

Description:

Documentation: Technical Reference Guide - missing complete documentation for ODF_SL and ODF_SSL tables and missing some columns for the FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS table

Steps to Reproduce:

The Technical Reference Guide is missing the documentation for some of the columns in the FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS table:

FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.ODF_SS_BILL_COST
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.ODF_SS_BILL_REVENUE
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.ODF_SS_COST
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.ODF_SS_REVENUE
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.ODF_SS_UNITS
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.TOTAL_COST_VARIANCE
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.TOTAL_REVENUE_VARIANCE
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.TOTAL_UNITS_VARIANCE
    FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.UNITS

The Technical Reference Guide is missing the description for all the ODF_SL and ODF_SSL tables and is missing Entity Relationship diagrams for these tables as well.. how are these tables related to the financial planning tables?

TABLES

ODF_SL_5025974
    ODF_SL_5025974_D
    ODF_SL_5025974_M
    ODF_SL_5025974_W
    ODF_SL_AUD_NEW_VALUE
    ODF_SL_AUD_OLD_VALUE
    ODF_SL_BFT_DTL_ABFT
    ODF_SL_BFT_DTL_BBFT
    ODF_SL_BFT_DTL_BFT
    ODF_SL_BFT_DTL_VBFT
    ODF_SL_C02P
    ODF_SL_C02PP
    ODF_SL_CST_DTL_BCOST
    ODF_SL_CST_DTL_BREV
    ODF_SL_CST_DTL_COST
    ODF_SL_CST_DTL_REV
    ODF_SL_CST_DTL_UNITS
    ODF_SL_DPT_KM_AV
    ODF_SL_DPT_KM_TV
    ODF_SL_GL_ALL_DTL_PCT
    ODF_SL_OPCST
    ODF_SL_OPLACT
    ODF_SL_OPLACT_D
    ODF_SL_OPLACT_M
    ODF_SL_OPLACT_W
    ODF_SL_OPLBASE
    ODF_SL_OPLBASE_D
    ODF_SL_OPLBASE_M
    ODF_SL_OPLBASE_W
    ODF_SL_OPLEAC
    ODF_SL_OPLEAC_D
    ODF_SL_OPLEAC_M
    ODF_SL_OPLEAC_W
    ODF_SL_OPLETC
    ODF_SL_OPLETC_D
    ODF_SL_OPLETC_M
    ODF_SL_OPLETC_W
    ODF_SL_OPLVAR_D
    ODF_SL_OPLVAR_M
    ODF_SL_OPLVAR_W
    ODF_SL_PLAN_BENEFIT
    ODF_SL_PLAN_BENEFIT_D
    ODF_SL_PLAN_BENEFIT_M
    ODF_SL_PLAN_BENEFIT_W
    ODF_SL_PLAN_COST
    ODF_SL_PLAN_COST_D
    ODF_SL_PLAN_COST_M
    ODF_SL_PLAN_COST_W
    ODF_SL_REQ_RATE
    ODF_SL_REQ_RES_RATE
    ODF_SL_TSV

TABLES

ODF_SSL_BFT_DTL_ABFT
    ODF_SSL_BFT_DTL_BBFT
    ODF_SSL_BFT_DTL_BFT
    ODF_SSL_BFT_DTL_VBFT
    ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_BCOST
    ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_BREV
    ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_COST
    ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_REV
    ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_UNITS
    ODF_SSL_GL_ALL_DTL_PCT

Expected Result: I should see complete documentation regarding the new table schema
    Actual Result: But instead, I do not see any information for this schema

NJ

• 16.  Re: RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:47 AM

HI Navzjoshi,

Instead of creating new topic I'm writing my question there. Hope You will notice that.

I've been searching for mentioned document TEC440023 but was not successful on ca.com page. I'm looking for more technical description and connection between

ODF_SL_PLAN_COST_M and some FIN PLANS tables. I'd like to retrieve monthly Cost and Revenue values from Budget plan. Could you please help me? Thanks

Matej

• 17.  Re: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which table

Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:54 AM

Check if this helps -

Can you provide more details regarding the Financial Planning Slice Tables?

Document ID:  TEC440146
    Last Modified Date:  2/24/2015
      Hide Technical Document Details

• Products
      • CA PPM
    • Releases
      • CA PPM:Release:12.1
      • CA PPM:Release:13.0
      • CA PPM:Release:13.0.1
      • CA PPM:Release:13.1
      • CA PPM:Release:13.2
      • CA PPM:Release:13.3
      • CA PPM:Release:14.1
    • Components
      • CLARITY HOSTED FINANCIALS, TIME & DATA MANAGEMENT
      • CLARITY ON DEMAND FINANCIALS, TIME & DATA MANAGEMENT
      • CLARITY PPM FINANCIALS, TIME & DATA MANAGEMENT

Description:

Since documentation is lacking regarding the Financial Planning Slice tables, can you please let us know more information about the tables that store the detailed financial planning data for Cost Plans, Benefit Plans and Budget Plans?

Solution:

NOTE: If you are looking for tables or views that provide Cost Plan data sliced into Fiscal Periods, you can look into the CA PPM Solution Pack (CSP) for stock reports or check out the Financial Universe within Business Objects for building your own reports.  If you need assistance in building your own reports or portlets, please contact your account manager or CA Global Services team.

The FIN_PLANS table stores all the financial plan-to-investment relationship.

There are two types of tables that hold the time-scaled values (TSV) data for each cell within the detailed financial plans. The tables that are named like ODF_SSL_* contain the slice values for the TSV. The tables that are named like ODF_SL_* contain internal, system-defined and user-defined sliced values for financial detailed plans. These tables are dependent on a successful 'Time Slicing' job completion.

Sliced Data
    The ODF_SL tables are used to display data in the Investment > Hierarchy > Detail View. For ensuring that updated values are reflected on these views, execute the 'Time Slicing' job.

TSV Data
    The tables below link to the FIN_BENEFIT_PLAN_DETAILS which contains the Benefit Properties and reflect the time-scaled values that appear on the detailed financial plans. These tables do not depend on the 'Time Slicing' job.

select id, request_name, table_name from prj_blb_slicerequests where request_name like '%benefitplandetail%::segment%

Figure 1

The tables below link to the FIN_PLAN_DETAILS for Cost Plans

select id, request_name, table_name from prj_blb_slicerequests where request_name like '%costplandetail%::segment%'

Figure 2

Below is a sample query that you can use to get the cell details for the 'Actual Benefit' value on a specific Benefit Plan.

Based on the information provided above you can modify this query to get results for other cells and other plan types.

For MSSQL - Actual Benefit Plan Data

SELECT I.ID PROJECT_ID,

I.NAME PROJECT_NAME,

P.ID PLAN_ID ,

P.NAME PLAN_NAME,

D.DETAIL DETAIL_NAME,

ABFT.START_DATE,

ABFT.SLICE,

ROUND(ABFT.SLICE*(DATEDIFF(DAY, ABFT.START_DATE, ABFT.FINISH_DATE)),2) CALC_SLICE

FROM ODF_SSL_BFT_DTL_ABFT ABFT,

FIN_BENEFIT_PLAN_DETAILS D,

FIN_PLANS P,

INV_INVESTMENTS I

WHERE ABFT.PRJ_OBJECT_ID = D.ID

AND D.PLAN_ID = P.ID

AND P.OBJECT_ID = 5001379

AND P.OBJECT_CODE ='PROJECT'

AND P.OBJECT_ID = I.ID

ORDER BY P.ID,

P.NAME,

D.DETAIL

;

For Oracle - Actual Benefit Plan Data

SELECT I.ID PROJECT_ID,

I.NAME PROJECT_NAME,

P.ID PLAN_ID ,

P.NAME PLAN_NAME,

D.DETAIL DETAIL_NAME,

ABFT.START_DATE,

ABFT.SLICE,

ROUND(ABFT.SLICE*(to_date(ABFT.FINISH_DATE) - to_date(ABFT.START_DATE)),2) CALC_SLICE

FROM ODF_SSL_BFT_DTL_ABFT ABFT,

FIN_BENEFIT_PLAN_DETAILS D,

FIN_PLANS P,

INV_INVESTMENTS I

WHERE ABFT.PRJ_OBJECT_ID = D.ID

AND D.PLAN_ID = P.ID

AND P.OBJECT_ID = 5001379

AND P.OBJECT_CODE ='PROJECT'

AND P.OBJECT_ID = I.ID

ORDER BY P.ID,

P.NAME,

D.DETAIL

;

NJ

• 18.  Re: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which table

Posted Aug 20, 2015 07:52 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

I know about this TEC article but this couldn't help me. Simply, I'd like to know which tables are used to gain this aggregated Actuals:

Actuals.JPG

Thanks

Matej

• 19.  Re: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which table

Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:54 AM

Hello Matej,

Here is the query for retrieving cost plan data monthly, you may modify this as per your requirement :

SELECT

FP.ID, FP.NAME, FP.CODE, FP.OBJECT_CODE, FP.REVISION, FP.PERIOD_TYPE_CODE,

cost.SLICE_REQUEST_ID, cost.START_DATE, cost.FINISH_DATE,

ROUND(cost.SLICE *(TO_DATE (cost.FINISH_DATE) -

TO_DATE(cost.START_DATE)),2) AS cost_per_MONTH

FROM FIN_PLANS FP, FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS FD,

ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_COST cost

WHERE FD.PLAN_ID = FP.ID

AND fd.ID = cost.PRJ_OBJECT_ID

Regards,

• 20.  Re: RE: Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which t

Posted Aug 20, 2015 03:07 AM

Hi Chandrani,

Thanks for sending this query but I'm sure it's only for years, like in Clarity we can see:

(I've updated your query with investments table, plan of record and budget type of fin plan)

SQL_result2.JPG

Budgt_plan_yearly_Cost.JPG

But I'd like to see this (Monthly values of Rev/Cost):

Budgt_plan_monthly_Revenue.JPG

Thanks

Matej