DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Tech Tips:  How do I get alerts configured in NFA to show up in CAPC as Events?

• 1.  Tech Tips:  How do I get alerts configured in NFA to show up in CAPC as Events?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2013 01:20 PM

Title: How do I get Alerts/Events configured in NFA to show up in CAPC as Events?

1. Configure Alerts based on various thresholds and filters in the "Adminstration->Alerts" page.

2. In the NFA "Adminstration->Appplication Settings" page set the "Trap Destinations" field to the IP address of the NFA console and NOT the CAPC server.

The way this works is the Alerts are generated from NFA as Traps, and CAPC's Event Manger does not listen for Traps, but the NFA Console does. So the trap is redirected back to itself on the NFA Console and the then the events are pushed up to the CAPC server.

3. Once traps start to be generated they will be logged in the NFA console server's 'TrapReceiverLog*.log' file, you can check here to verify traps are being sent.

4. Verify the Threshold Alerts in NFA are now showing up as Threshold Events in CAPC's "Event Display" view.

A full version of this document is also available on Support.ca.com
    TEC593545

• 2.  RE: NQKB:  How do I get alertts configured in NFA to show up in CAPC as Eve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2013 05:26 AM
    Thanks Christopher for sharing this interesting Tips.
    Regards,
    Ollivier