AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overallocating Resources  Alert message

Question asked by stephen_floyd on Jun 19, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 by another_martink
Hi All

I did a search on the website to see if there was an answer to an issue we are having. We upgraded to 12.1.1 last year and when we try to overallocate resources we don't get the alert message to overallocate or use use remaining availability. I read a thread date 2009 but did seem to have a solution.

Basically when we add a resource and they are defaulted to 0% allocated to the project. We go into the properties of that resource and change this to 100%. If we then add them to another project the system will allow it i.e. no Alert messages and their default allocation is set to 0%. We can change this for resource to 100% if we want. So they are 100% on project A and 100% o Project B. This happens to existing and new Resources.

Is there a way we can get the alert message to appear for our PM's and Resource Managers when they overallocate resource. There is a workaround by viewing this detail for all resource and projects on resource planning portlets but we have restricted this level of access for our PM's

I couldn't see on passed forums a solution so any ideas????

Thanks
Stephen

Outcomes