carol03

Xcelcius: how to create new custom report labels and show them at execution

Discussion created by carol03 on Jun 28, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 by Chris_Hackett
Hi all,

Would someone know how to create new custom report labels (with their associated translation captions)?

Within the Xcelcius Project Status (from Clarity Solution Pack 3.0) visualization files (xlf) I could find that the labels are extracted from csp.prjStatusLabels Clarity query. The problem is that I do not know I can add new entries (label keys) to that table/view (cmn_rpt_labels points to cmn_rpt_labels and cmn_captions_nls) 

Could there be a XOG template for it? Or a secret link in the Clarity UI?
My only workaround for now has been to use a stored procedure I found: execute CMN_RPT_LABELS_INS_SP('ProjectCategoryKey','Project Category',1,'en')

SELECT @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:LABEL:a.language_code:language_code@,
@SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:LABEL:(SELECT name FROM cmn_rpt_labels_v WHERE label_code = 'ProjectKey' AND language_code = a.language_code):Label_Project@,
@SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:LABEL:(SELECT name FROM cmn_rpt_labels_v WHERE label_code = 'ManagerKey' AND language_code = a.language_code):Label_Manager@,
@SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:LABEL:(SELECT name FROM cmn_rpt_labels_v WHERE label_code = 'ProjectTypeKey' AND language_code = a.language_code):Label_ProjectType@,
@SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:LABEL:(SELECT name FROM cmn_rpt_labels_v WHERE label_code = 'ProjectCategoryKey' AND language_code = a.language_code):Label_CategoryType@, <-------
@SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:LABEL:(SELECT name FROM cmn_rpt_labels_v WHERE label_code = 'ProgressKey' AND language_code = a.language_code):Label_Progress@,

FROM (SELECT l.language_code language_code
FROM cmn_sec_users u
INNER JOIN cmn_languages l ON u.language_id = l.id
WHERE u.id = @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:p_user_id@) a
WHERE @FILTER@

Definition of the view:

CREATE OR REPLACE FORCE VIEW "NIKU"."CMN_RPT_LABELS_V" ("ID", "LABEL_CODE", "LANGUAGE_CODE", "NAME", "DESCRIPTION")
AS
SELECT L.ID,
L.LABEL_CODE,
NLS.LANGUAGE_CODE,
NLS.NAME,
NLS.DESCRIPTION
FROM CMN_CAPTIONS_NLS NLS,
CMN_RPT_LABELS L
WHERE NLS.TABLE_NAME = 'CMN_RPT_LABELS'
AND NLS.PK_ID = L.ID ;

any suggestions please!?!?!?!

Thanks.