Clarity

• 1.  Clarity issues that need solutions

Posted Jun 28, 2013 07:14 AM
    Hi All

I have three dilemmas that I was wondering if anyone had a solution too.

Can we you make an Organisational Breakdown Structure field Mandatory? If so how I can I do this.
    Is it possible to create our very own Alert Messages (Yellow Banner across the top of the Project page?) And how?
    Is it possible to populate on OBS field automatically with a value when the user selects a value on another attribute? So for example I have Project Attribute A and when I select a value in that attribute, automatically the OBS field gets populated with a particular path. How can this be achieved? Or can it? Is there Code that could backup with something like this

I am using Clarity version 12.1.1 and we have customised a lot of our own attributes and created other OBS’s. If there is something out of the box I could use for any of the above please find feel to mention them.

Thanks
    Stephen

• 2.  RE: Clarity issues that need solutions

Posted Jun 28, 2013 07:43 AM
    Point 1. (surely) and 3. (guess so) can be done in V13.2

1. Can we you make an Organisational Breakdown Structure field Mandatory? If so how I can I do this.
    3. Is it possible to populate on OBS field automatically with a value when the user selects a value on another attribute? So for example I have Project Attribute A and when I select a value in that attribute, automatically the OBS field gets populated with a particular path. How can this be achieved? Or can it? Is there Code that could backup with something like this

Administration
    Configurable Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS)
    The Configurable OBS feature lets a CA Clarity PPM administrator configure an OBS like other CA Clarity PPM attributes. Here are some examples of how the CA Clarity PPM administrator can configure the OBS attributes:
    Make the OBS field mandatory.
    Make the OBS field read-only.
    Set the OBS field so that the value is entered only once.
    Set the default value for the OBS field.
    Set the override default value for the OBS field.
    Hide the OBS field.
    Change the label for the OBS field.
    Move the OBS section to another subpage or a secured subpage.
    Rename the OBS section.
    Delete the OBS section.
    Move the OBS fields out of the OBS section to any other section.
    Configure the OBS attributes on the list page.
    Use inline editing.
    Enable audit trail for the OBS attributes.
    Use auto-suggest for the OBS fields.
    Use language translation for the OBS fields.
    Use an OBS field in the system or manual action of a process definition.

2. Is it possible to create our very own Alert Messages (Yellow Banner across the top of the Project page?) And how? - this would be change to source pages (custom alert messages can be done in V13.1/2 from Administration > Notifications (under Data Administration))

NJ

• 3.  RE: Clarity issues that need solutions

Posted Jul 01, 2013 09:35 AM
    Hi NJ

Thanks for the good suggestions but these must only be available on v13. I am on V12.1.1 and I Notification is not available under data administration.

Also I can't see anywhere under the Project object that the OBS is an attribute. Again must be in v13.

Again thanks. Any other suggestions???

Stephen

• 4.  RE: Clarity issues that need solutions

Posted Jul 01, 2013 10:11 AM
    Have you seen Sangeet's blog entry on making OBS fields mandatory. It's an unsupported customisation to files on the server, so proceed at your own risk etc, but might be of use if 13.2 is a step too far.

• 5.  RE: Clarity issues that need solutions

Posted Jul 01, 2013 10:53 AM
    Thanks Owen I'll take a look at on the blog...

• 6.  RE: Clarity issues that need solutions
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2013 03:21 AM
    Hi Stephen,

I know of no way of doing 2 or 3 without triggers or clarity modification, if somebody knows a way, I'm also interested in such a solution.

2) can be done but requires modification in the XBL/XSL and some resource files depending how complicated the messaging logic is. There should be a very, very good reason of doing this and it will increase you upgrade costs.
    If your are still interested, then post your use case and I can provide some help.

3) can be done with a database trigger. The migration cost are small, but it is still not "standard". If the obs is the department one, then the trigger will be more complicated, as more project fields need to be set (department code, entity, ...), so take care.
    A more standard way will be to use a process and a gel that updates the project OBS with a XOG call, but there is a delay between the setting the field and the OBS update and you get problems if the project get saved before the process has done his work.

Kind regards,

Sergiu Gavrila

------------------
    Clarity Add-Ons www.itdesign.de/itd-addons/
    Real Time Workload Analytics meisterplan.com