IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Jul 11, 2013 04:51 PM
    It has been a while since I create a new process. I need to get the Request number on a New process Where did the Get Object Details Operator go? Thanks in advamnce

Rick

• 2.  RE: PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Jul 30, 2013 11:24 PM
    Hello Community:

Any assistance here for Rick?

Thanks,
    Mary

• 3.  RE: PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Aug 14, 2013 08:26 PM
    I have a similar related question...When we are executing a process via the ITPAM Soap interface (v4.1.0), I call executeProcess.... but if that process has dependencies (such as waiting for an interaction form), then some of the variables are not available until "later". I want to know how (using the soap interface) I can get the value of a variable/object from a completed Process. Any ideas?

• 4.  RE: PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Aug 19, 2013 12:33 PM

pdapel wrote:

I have a similar related question...When we are executing a process via the ITPAM Soap interface (v4.1.0), I call executeProcess.... but if that process has dependencies (such as waiting for an interaction form), then some of the variables are not available until "later". I want to know how (using the soap interface) I can get the value of a variable/object from a completed Process. Any ideas?
    The getProcessStatus method returns the status AND all Process Dataset variables. If you want something to be exposed through this method (or to a parent process, if calling the process as a child), then make sure that you put your data in the Process Dataset.

Thanks,
    Tom

• 5.  RE: PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Aug 20, 2013 10:16 PM
    Tom, thanks for the information on using getProcessStatus() to retrieve the variable values. Don't know how I missed that!

• 6.  RE: PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Aug 15, 2013 11:17 AM
    Without to use SOAP, you can use the Select Object and on "where clause" field put "persistent_id='" + persid + "'", next set the fields that you want to return on "Select Field List" field, in this case ref_num.

• 7.  RE: PAM 4.1 Wher did The Get Object Details Operator

Posted Aug 19, 2013 12:28 PM
    Hey Rick,

If you have the 4.x version of the SDM connector, the operator names were changed. What was called "Base Select Service Desk Element" in previous version is now called "Select Object". I think that's what you are looking for.

Thanks,
    Tom