AnsweredAssumed Answered

Start and Finish Dates

Question asked by CindyK on Jul 17, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 by another_martink
We are starting to use the time reporting functionality within Clarity. We have a requirement that all staff enter 100% of their time in Clarity. In the past project managers have been manually updating the project start/finish dates and the task level start/finish dates. Now that we will be posting time, we understand that the project, task and assignment level start and finish dates will be set by the system. I have a couple of questions:

1. Have you experienced going from a model where you implemented time management after you were already using Clarity? If so, how did you handle the dates on existing projects (i.e. projects that started prior to time posting)? For instance, if we would like to have the start date be the date the task actually started (prior to timesheet posting) - is there a way to do this?

What controls the project level start and finish dates? If the project started in the past prior to the the first time sheet posted, we would like to reflect that. Is this possible?

2. Do you have any document that discusses the logic for how the various start and finish dates are determined? For instance, we have identified some inconsistencies with the following scenario: Project Start date in the past, Project Finish date in the future. When time is booked to the task, the task start date gets locked down. Sometimes the locked down date is the date the time is booked to the task and sometimes the lcoked down date is the start date that was on the task prior to time being booked.

I appreciate your help!
Cindy

Outcomes