AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simulating cost impacts to Project Change Request

Question asked by LisaCawley4201963 on Jul 18, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 by LisaCawley4201963
We currently use Clarity ver 12.1.
A Program Manager wants to understand the cost impact of extending several projects under her Program. I was trying to figure out if scenarios would help with this.

1. I was able to create a new scenario on the Team tab and move the resources finish date out for example added 3 months and it showed me what would happen to allocation.
2. Next I either wanted to extend some tasks or create new task that simulate the extention in the schedule but couldn't edit anything on the WBS or in individaul task.

3. If I could have gotten that to work then I was going to create a Cost Plan by assignment so I could see the monhtly increased cost.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or a difference way to simulate the impact to cost with a CR that extends the timeline in a project or multiple projects under a program?

I saw something about Tentative Schedule but couldn't figure out how to use them based on the documentation.

We do not use Clarity with open work bench or MS Project at this time
Thanks

Lisa Cawley, PMP | Sr Strategy and Planning Analyst - IT Program & Resource Planning

Outcomes