Clarity

• 1.  Help with XOG AllocCurve sum value

Posted Jul 23, 2013 12:40 PM
    I am trying to figure out how exactly to populate the sum attribute within a Segment in an AllocCurve element of XOG.

I assumed that the sum was simply the total number of hours you want to allocate between the start and finish dates of the Segment, but when doing so, I am getting wierd results.

For instance, if I specify sum = 60 between 7/22/13 and 8/22/13, on the Team tab, it shows up as 7,680 hours of allocation.

So..I thought maybe sum represented the daily allocation amount, so I took the duration of work days (subtracting out weekends and holidays) to determine what the daily allocation should be so that 60/duration would give me the daily rate and then when XOGed in, would be spread across the duration and be displayed as the original amount (60).

But in that case, the allocation amounts are still higher.

Basically, I want to be able through XOG to specify a finite number of hours of allocation across a definitive start and end date and have that show up correctly on the team tab.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Help with XOG AllocCurve sum value

Posted Jul 24, 2013 02:49 AM
      |   view attached
    Availability * % allocation * number of days = allocated hours

In your case, lets say,
    Availability = 8
    number of days = number of days between 7/22/13 and 8/22/13 = 23
    allocated hours = 60 (this is what you desire)

so,
    %allocation = allocated hours / (Availability * number of days) = 60 / (8 * 23) = 0.3260869 (approx)

Hope this is what you required

NJ

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Help with XOG AllocCurve sum value

Posted Feb 05, 2014 02:24 AM

NJ,

We are building a Process which will update the %Allocation and ETCs of inactive Projects to 0.

While reading the XOG for a Project, I see that the following segment is rpesent for few resources and for few, it is not:

<AllocCurve>

<segment start="date" finish="date" sum="x.yz">

</AllocCurve>

While parsing the attributes in the Gel Script, could we omit the above part and XOG in the rest?

We're acheiving the requirement (making default allocation 0) in the <Resource> tag itself. Can we skip the above mentioned <Alloccurve> section?

Thanks in advance,

Pavithra