DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope Report Scheduling

Posted Jul 24, 2013 03:18 PM
    Hi All,

I want to schedule my reports from Introscope, which might get e-mailed to some ID or get saved at some particular directory.
    I know report scheduling feature in Wily CEM. But dont have any idea on Introscope.

So is it possible in Wily Introscope? Please help.!

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• 2.  RE: Introscope Report Scheduling

Posted Jul 24, 2013 04:31 PM
    Hi Vaibhav
    There is a pretty cool CLW command "generate report" to get this done,
    It is of format

Basic command:
    generate report named [EXACT MATCH] in management module named [EXACT MATCH] to [EXACT MATCH]
    Expanded command:
    generate report named [EXACT MATCH] in management module named [EXACT MATCH] starting at [EXACT MATCH] ending at [EXACT MATCH] to [EXACT MATCH]

You can also include agent expression

generate report named [EXACT MATCH] in management module named [EXACT MATCH] {in agents matching [REGEX PATTERN]} {starting at [EXACT MATCH] ending at [EXACT MATCH]} to [EXACT MATCH]

You can make a script/cron with the above commands to get this done, probably there is already something out there in the field which someone else can clarify:)

Regards
    Vijay
    CA support

• 3.  RE: Introscope Report Scheduling

Posted Aug 30, 2013 11:00 AM
    Hi Vijay,

Is there a way to wild card the Starting and Ending dates in the CLW command so that I don't have to provide exact values of the time period, each time the report runs.

My objective here is to automate the report to run it every 1st of the month (it's a monthly report that I want to generate).

Thanks,

KIRAN T

• 4.  RE: Introscope Report Scheduling
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 30, 2013 11:06 AM
    Hi Vaibhav,

To add to Vijay's info, I use a mailx command to send the report to any user/distribution list. I also use the cron settings to run the CLW command periodically.

But I am running into trouble, when I am trying to change the Start and End Dates. For now I manually have to edit the script and change the values.

Thanks,

KIRAN T