Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

• 1.  Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:05 PM
    We have the files, but we keep running into an issue with actually performing the XOG. This is what we are putting in:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_inboundTransaction.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL" objectType="inboundTransaction" version="6.0.11"/>

<Transactions>    

<Transaction 

actualCostRate="4444"    

actualCostRateCurrency="USD"        

billRate="4444"        

billRateCurrency="USD"      

chargeable="0"       

chargeCode="LABOR"     

externalID="null"

importStatus="N"      

projectID="E0000769"       

resourceID="04406"      

transactionDate="2013-06-24"    

transactionType="L"        

units="1"      

taskID="5018005"

inputTypeCode="DEFAULT"   

voucherNumber="INVOICE1"/>  

</Transactions> 

</NikuDataBus>
    and this is what we get in response to it:
    <XOGOutput xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/status.xsd">
      <Object type="inboundTransaction"/>
      <Status elapsedTime="0.0010 seconds" state="FAILURE"/>
      <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="0" updatedRecords="0"/>
      <ErrorInformation>
        <Severity>FATAL</Severity>
        <Description>[Error] :0:0: attribute "objectType" has a bad value: the value is not a member of the enumeration.
    </Description>
        <Exception type="java.lang.Exception"><![CDATA[
    java.lang.Exception: Invalid xml data

at com.niku.xog.service.ObjectHandler.processRequest(ObjectHandler.java:129)

at com.niku.xog.handler.XOGProcessHandler.postProcess(XOGProcessHandler.java:44)

at com.niku.xql2.XQLVisitor.postProcess(XQLVisitor.java:1354)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.postProcess(DOMWalker.java:210)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:94)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:92)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:92)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverse(DOMWalker.java:36)

at com.niku.xql2.XQLProcessor.process(XQLProcessor.java:257)

at com.niku.xql2.XQLProcessor.process(XQLProcessor.java:283)

at com.niku.xql2.binding.ServiceControlBindingXql.processFile(ServiceControlBindingXql.java:388)

at com.niku.xql2.binding.ServiceControlBindingXql.getDocument(ServiceControlBindingXql.java:271)

at com.niku.xql2.binding.ServiceControlBindingXql.processRequest(ServiceControlBindingXql.java:155)

at com.niku.union.service.ServiceControlImpl.processRequest(ServiceControlImpl.java:749)

at com.niku.union.service.ServiceControlImpl.processRequest(ServiceControlImpl.java:211)

at com.niku.union.web.WebServiceAdapter.processRequest(WebServiceAdapter.java:194)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processServiceRequest(PortletController.java:1393)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processAuthorizedPortlet(PortletController.java:876)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processPageActionRequest(PortletController.java:394)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processRequest(PortletController.java:163)

at com.niku.union.web.WebActionController.processAction(WebActionController.java:1124)

at com.niku.union.web.WebActionController.processRequest(WebActionController.java:163)

at com.ca.clarity.uif.service.vxml.VXMLService.processRequest(VXMLService.java:403)

at com.ca.clarity.uif.UIServlet.service(UIServlet.java:66)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.wily.brt.filter.BRTFilterBase.doFilter(BRTFilterBase.java:422)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.niku.union.web.filter.GZIPResponseFilter.doFilter(GZIPResponseFilter.java:130)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at com.niku.union.web.filter.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:56)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:615)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:776)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:705)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:898)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    ]]></Exception>
      </ErrorInformation>
      <DeprecationInformation>
        <Severity>WARNING</Severity>
        <Description>DEPRECATION MESSAGE</Description>
        <Exception type="java.lang.Exception">The objectType 'inboundTransaction' has been deprecated.  Please use the objectType 'transaction' instead.</Exception>
      </DeprecationInformation>
    </XOGOutput>

• 2.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:21 PM
    So what happens when you change the [font=Courier New]objectType="inboundTransaction"[font] to [font=Courier New]objectType="transaction"[font] in the XOG header?

• 3.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:46 PM
    Changed it and it worked, didn't know it could be that simple! This is what I input:
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_inboundTransaction.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL" objectType="transaction" version="6.0.11"/>

<Transactions>    

<Transaction 

actualCostRate="4444"    

actualCostRateCurrency="USD"        

billRate="4444"        

billRateCurrency="USD"      

chargeable="0"       

chargeCode="LABOR"     

externalID="NULL"

importStatus="N"      

projectID="E0000769"       

resourceID="04406"      

transactionDate="2013-06-24"    

transactionType="L"        

units="1"      

taskID="5018005"

inputTypeCode="DEFAULT"   

voucherNumber="INVOICE1"

poNumber="PO1"/>  

</Transactions> 

</NikuDataBus>
    and positive results:
    <XOGOutput xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/status.xsd">
      <Object type="transaction"/>
      <Status elapsedTime="0.087 seconds" state="SUCCESS"/>
      <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="1" totalNumberOfRecords="1" updatedRecords="0"/>
      <Records/>
    </XOGOutput>
    Where can I go in the UI to verify this?

• 4.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 26, 2013 04:29 PM
    Try Financial Managment > Transactions on the application pages.

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 10:03 AM
    I am working with Eric on this. We can see the transaction in the Cost Plan after posting teh financial transactions. However, the invoice and PO number are nowhere to be found. I looked at the PPA_WIP and PPA_WIPAPINFO tables and see no sign of invoice or PO number.

I xogged in another transaction and before posting anything and looked at the IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT table. I do not see invoice or PO number. It seems to me that these fields did not get xogged in.

• 6.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 10:03 AM
    I am working with Eric on this. We can see the transaction in the Cost Plan after posting teh financial transactions. However, the invoice and PO number are nowhere to be found. I looked at the PPA_WIP and PPA_WIPAPINFO tables and see no sign of invoice or PO number.

I xogged in another transaction and before posting anything and looked at the IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT table. I do not see invoice or PO number. It seems to me that these fields did not get xogged in.

• 7.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 10:18 AM
    The purchase order number should be pono field and go pac_imp_transimport_header > ppa_transcontrolapinfo > ppa_wipapinfo
    when you do Transaction post to financials and post to WIP.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 10:51 AM
    I checked PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER right after the xog in. I can see my record on IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT but no record was ever created on PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER.

The IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT.PAC_IMP_HEADER_ID is 0 which suggests no related record was created in PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER.

• 9.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 10:51 AM
    I checked PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER right after the xog in. I can see my record on IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT but no record was ever created on PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER.

The IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT.PAC_IMP_HEADER_ID is 0 which suggests no related record was created in PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER.

• 10.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 02:37 PM
    I xoged in a transaction to v12.1
    It went directly into ppa_transcontrol and is available for post to WIP
    but ppa_transcontrolapinfo_id is blank and there is no related vrecord in ppa_transcontrolapinfo
    After posting to WIP it is in transactions in the GUI and in ppa_wip in the database, but invoiceno field is blank
    No corresponding entry in PPA_WIPAPINFO.

Can see it in the Create WIP adjustments view. However, filtering for P.O.number does not return any records.

So it appears that when I XOGed in the transacation as you say poNumber was not written and neither was voucherNumber.

There could be more to it to get them in.

Martti K.

• 11.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 03:07 PM
    Thanks for providing your results.

I am doing this on version 13.0.1 but it seems we are both seeing the same results so either there is more to get these fields in or there is a bug.

• 12.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 03:07 PM
    Thanks for providing your results.

I am doing this on version 13.0.1 but it seems we are both seeing the same results so either there is more to get these fields in or there is a bug.

• 13.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:12 PM
    Must have been slow in v12 when looking at the database and the Transaction post ran before that.

In v13.0 the entry goes into imp_transactionimport first.

Martti K.

• 14.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 30, 2013 03:35 PM
    I don't folllow what you are getting at.

• 15.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 30, 2013 03:35 PM
    I don't folllow what you are getting at.

• 16.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 30, 2013 04:11 PM
    I was saying that in both version I get the same results as you.
    My initial finding of the location where data goes after xoging must have been wrong and the Transaction post to financials job must have been run before I queried the data.

Martti K.

• 17.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 31, 2013 11:23 AM
    I am going to open a case for this

• 18.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Jul 31, 2013 11:23 AM
    I am going to open a case for this

• 19.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Aug 01, 2013 03:04 PM
    Finally figured this out

• 20.  RE: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Aug 01, 2013 03:04 PM
    Finally figured this out

You need to send in a groupid in order to get Clarity to create a PPA_WIPAPINFO entry for the invoice.

It first creates an entry in PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER which eventually gets to PPA_WIPAPINFO. The groupid is not preserved along the way. It has to be numeric and unique for each invoice number.

• 21.  Re: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 06:24 AM

Hi MartinK,

Try including "ORACLE-FINANCIAL" as external source instead of "NIKU" in the Header tag of Transaction XML as below:

<Header action="write" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL" objectType="transaction" version="6.0.11"/>

Then a new record will be created in the PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER table.

It worked for me.

• 22.  Re: Trying to XOG in a Transaction with PO Number and Invoice Number

Posted Aug 25, 2015 08:23 AM

Are you guys displaying the PO Number or Invoice Number within your Cost Plans?

I understand that transactions are posted to the PPA_WIP table, but I'm curious on the UI if you guys are displaying PO Number and/or Invoice Number on the Cost Plans.