DX NetOps

• 1.  How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 28, 2013 02:12 PM
    Hi, All
    i would like to know , how i can upgrade my Spectrum Server r9.2.00 to Spectrum 9.3 Release.
    Plz. kindly suggest me , how to do that .

Regard,
    Boonthanom

• 2.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 28, 2013 10:17 PM
    Hello Mate,

The latest patch for Spectrum 9.2 is Spectrum 9.2 H11 which can be downloaded from support.ca.com or the below ftp link

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/CA-SPECTRUM/Updates/GA/Spectrum_09.02.03.H11/

Once done follow these steps

1. Go through the readme file of this patch which talks about how to apply the patch.
    2. You can apply this patch directly on 9.2
    3. If you have distributed Network apply the patch on DSS and then on the Spectroserver followed by Oneclick (If OC is on other standalone machine)
    4. If you have FT Network apply the patch on secondary server and then on the Primary Spectroserver followed by Oneclick (If OC is on other standalone machine)
    5. Make sure you upgrade your SDC accordongly if you are using secure domain connectors in your environment. SDC can be installed from the same Spectrum build. You need to uninstall the exisitng SDC and then apply the new one that comes with H11
    6. Make sure you take proper backups mentioned in the readme file before upgrading.
    7. I strongly recommend you to go through the readme file each and every step before upgrading as it talks about few changes to the srmdb before upgrading.

Once Spectrum is upgraded you need to upgrade Cabi as well . I recommend you to log a case with support for upgrading Cabi as there are few steps involved which support can help you.Cabi 33 is the one that is compatible with 9.2 H11. It can be downloaded from support.ca.com -> download center -> products -> Spectrum -> 9.2 -> sp3 -> go. Cabi 33 should appear in the next window.

kalyan

• 3.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:35 AM
    Hi. All
    I had download Spectrum_09.02.03_H11_123.txe and then i 've Execute this file , The server alert Message Error " Error while loading libraries : libxm.so.3 can not open share Object file ".
    After that i run patch update in the H11 directory ..% ./install.bin , so that the server alert message " Can not run install from this location (i have run script on the %/tmp directory)

Plz help me analyze and how i can fix it. (find Screenshot as file attachment)

Regard,
    Boonthanom

• 4.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 29, 2013 07:23 AM
    The Spectrum Installation Guide shows the following rquirements when installing Spectrum on Linux using the GUI install method:

Graphical User Interface
    ■ libXm.so.3 (32-bit)
    ■ libXp.so.6 libraries (32-bit)
    ■ Motif (32-bit) Note: If you run a distributed installation, you do not need to install Motif.

You will need to install the 32 bit versions of these libraries to use the GUI install.

You can use the command line distributed install instead. If so, you will need to download and use the distributed install version of the H11 patch which is the Spectrum_09.02.03.H11.123.dist.tgz file on the ftp download page.

Regards,

Joe

• 5.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 29, 2013 12:48 PM
    Hello Joe.,
    I had Install Those package . Now Working as well
    For Next Step; I will update to Spectrum r3 release and update CABI 3.3 .,if you have any idea /suggest me

Regard
    Boonthanom

• 6.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 30, 2013 10:25 PM
    Hello Mate,

What is the version of Cabi ? Check the version.txt file in the Cabi installation directory. The file should be in the commonreporting3 folder.If you are on 3.1 you need to upgrade to 3.2 and then to 3.3. Altenately you can backup the current data to a biar file -> uninstall current version of cabi -> Install cabi 33 -> Reload the biar file.

Let me know if you like to know the backup procedure .

kalyan

• 7.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Aug 01, 2013 03:32 PM
    Hello all Expert
    i would like to know , where i can download Spectrum r 9,3 release ?

• 8.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2013 03:36 PM
    Hi,
    Spectrum 9.3 is not available yet. The most recent release is the H11 release. 9.3 is scheduled to be out sometime later this year.
    Cheers
    Jason

• 9.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2013 11:09 AM
    Hello,
    Once 9.3 is available, it will be both a full install, and a direct upgarde.

So you can do a fresh install at 9.3.
    Or you can upgrade your existing 9.2.x versions.

hth,
    rich

• 10.  RE: How to upgrade Spectrum 9.2.0.0  to  spectrum 9.3 release

Posted Jul 29, 2013 12:21 PM
    Hello Mate,

This is a known issue.Please check the TEC518558

kalyan