Clarity

• 1.  Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Jul 30, 2013 01:03 PM
    The CA Answer Bar provides you with an easy way to find a glossary of important terms and definitions for CA Clarity PPM. Simply search for "glossary" and it appears first in the search results.

Did you know this glossary existed? And, do you use it and refer to it? Does it add value?

We want to know what you think so we can determine whether we should continue delivering it to you on the CA Answer Bar going forward, or phase it out.

Voice your opinion and help us get it right!

• 2.  RE: Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Jul 30, 2013 05:29 PM
    Thanks for reaching out to the community for input John! Jump in here folks!

Chris

John_George wrote:

The CA Answer Bar provides you with an easy way to find a glossary of important terms and definitions for CA Clarity PPM. Simply search for "glossary" and it appears first in the search results.

Did you know this glossary existed? And, do you use it and refer to it? Does it add value?

We want to know what you think so we can determine whether we should continue delivering it to you on the CA Answer Bar going forward, or phase it out.

Voice your opinion and help us get it right!

• 3.  RE: Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Jul 31, 2013 01:30 AM
    Are you referring to this ?

https://enable.ca.com/answers/us/CA-Clarity-PPM/13.1/guide/CAClarityPPM_Glossary_13.1/604?parameters=&q=Z2xvc3Nhcnk=

It is helpful !!! :smile

Would it be possible to have the formula for each of the calculated fields, or, where-ever fields display data using some internal calculation, to be provided in a similar fashion ? It would actually help better understand the logic of how data is calculated (with a bit of description). Some of the data is, though, present in the guides, but a collated document would help

e.g.
    BCWP = Budget at Completion (BAC) * % complete
    BAC = ((Actuals + Remaining Work) x Billing Rate) taken at time of baseline

ACWP
    Displays the system-calculated value of Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP), which is the total direct cost incurred in performing work based on posted actuals. ACWP is calculated at the following levels:
    ■ Assignment. Actual cost is calculated as part of the posting process for actuals based on the financial cost matrix.
    ■ Detail-task. The calculation is based on the following formula:
    ACWP = Sum of Actual Cost for all the assignments on the task
    ■ Summary-task. The calculation is based on the following formula:
    ACWP = Sum of ACWP for all detail tasks in project
    ■ Project. The calculation is based on the following formula:
    ACWP = Sum of ACWP for all summary tasks in project

NJ

• 4.  RE: Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Jul 31, 2013 08:38 AM
    Yes, that is the glossary I'm referencing and I'm glad you find it helpful.

Regarding your comment about the calculated field values - very interesting comment! Let me bring that back to my team for discussion.

Wonderful feedback - keep it coming!

• 5.  RE: Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Jul 31, 2013 09:42 AM
    I think the Glossary should exist for reference.
    Though personally I may look at it twice a year.
    Formulas and field definitions like they were in Workbench 5 Help would be beneficial.
    The Glossary is expected to be Clarity glossary not a glossary of generic project management terms only.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Jul 31, 2013 09:54 AM

another_martink wrote:

I think the Glossary should exist for reference.
    Though personally I may look at it twice a year.
    Formulas and field definitions like they were in Workbench 5 Help would be beneficial.
    The Glossary is expected to be Clarity glossary not a glossary of generic project management terms only.

Martti K.
    Thanks for the feedback Martti!

• 7.  RE: Glossary of Terms - Help Us Get It Right!

Posted Aug 14, 2013 12:09 PM
    Agree with NJ.

Keri