DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Technical Tip: Command line install of Secure Domain Connector on Linux

• 1.  Technical Tip: Command line install of Secure Domain Connector on Linux

Posted Jul 31, 2013 10:14 AM

Technical Tip: Command line install of Secure Domain Connector on Linux

CA Spectrum Tech Tip by Joe Ackley, Principle Support Engineer

Description: The following are the instructions for installing the Secure Domain Connector (SDC) from the command line on Linux when the libXP and Motif libraries have not been installed which are required for a basic Spectrum GUI installation.

Solution: If installing from a HotFix, Spectrum_09.02.03.H11.123.Linux.txe for example, execute the patch install as instructed in the release note. The install will fail if the libXP and Motif libraries have not been installed. The purpose of this is to extract the SDC installation files.

After extracting the SDC install files, there are two ways to run the SDC install from the command line.

GUI Install:

Yes, even though the libXP and Motif libraries have not been installed, you can still run a GUI install of SDC. The basic Spectrum GUI install requires the libXP and Motif libraries. However, you can run a GUI install of SDC without these libraries because it uses a jre GUI install using Install Anywhere which does not require these libraries. You will need to set the DISPLAY environment variable and have X-Windows software installed for the redirected display.

Then, as the root user, run the following where <INSTALL DIR> is the base install directory where the patch files have been extracted:

<INSTALL DIR>/sdmc/linux/install.bin

Non-GUI Install:

To run a non-GUI command line install, as the root user, run the following where <INSTALL DIR> is the base install directory where the patch files have been extracted:

<INSTALL DIR>/sdmc/linux/install.bin -i Silent

This will install SDC in the /opt/CA/SDMConnector directory. If you wish to have SDC installed in a different directory, run the following command:

<INSTALL DIR>/sdmc/linux/install.bin -i Silent -DUSER_INSTALL_DIR="/app/spectrum"

The above will install SDC in the /app/spectrum directory.

• 2.  RE: Technical Tip: Command line install of Secure Domain Connector on Linux

Posted Jul 31, 2013 11:14 AM
    Nice tip Joe...

• 3.  RE: Technical Tip: Command line install of Secure Domain Connector on Linux

Posted May 14, 2014 06:42 AM

Hi Joe

Great tip, one that I will be using shortly.

One question... I am planning to install Spectrum 9.3 H01 so I am wondering do I need to install the SDM Connector from the 9.3 DVD followed by the H01 version or can I simply install the H01 version?

The file sizes for both versions are similar hence I'm wondering if I need to install both.

Regards, John