DX NetOps

• 1.  Capture Startup Script needed for Cisco Switch Module

Posted Aug 06, 2013 03:25 PM
    I have a dozon or so Cisco switch modules modeled in our Spectrum environment. I need to get my hands on a Pearl script that will allow me to pull configuration backups from these Cisco switches.

Current Spectrum Model Type is Cisco NmeX24Es1Ge.

It seems I should be able to use the same method the other Cisco devices use (Cisco IOS - SSH Capable built in Device Family using SNMP/TFTP) as these switch modules, installed in a router, run the same Cisco OS using the same Cisco commands. I just need a script that will give me the same functionality as the built in Device Family method.

Can anyone help with this?

Randy Grimm
    Network Engineer

• 2.  RE: Capture Startup Script needed for Cisco Switch Module
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2013 12:05 PM
    Hi Randy,
    The Cisco Nexus script may work for these devices. It is fairly generic. To utilize it, right click on the Custom Device Family and select Component Details. Be sure to fill in the capture username, password and enable password. Under the Capturing Running Configuration, click Set. Select the Capture Cisco Nexus running config. Be sure to set the Additional Script Parameters with SSH Login Timeout and SSH Cmd Timeout. The default value is 5 but if necessary it can be set higher.
    Best regards,
    Bill

• 3.  Re: Capture Startup Script needed for Cisco Switch Module

Posted May 18, 2019 11:50 AM

Hi ,

I have tried this but its capturing only few lines , not full configuration .

Regars

Sandeep

• 4.  Re: Capture Startup Script needed for Cisco Switch Module

Posted May 19, 2019 03:25 PM

Still waiting for hint from experts can anyone guide me on this?